I hope I don't jinx myself by posting this, but I was just thinking today how much healthier Onna is this year versus last year.
Last year at this time we were in the middle of a seemingly never-ending cycle of ear infections and antibiotics. From Valentine's day until May 12th last year she had six rounds of antibiotics. Then she got tubes put in. What a relief that was! Since then she has not had a single ear infection (or the nasty side effects of all the antibiotics)!
She has had issues related to her asthma/reactive airway disease. She gets pneumonia very easily. The last time was this last January. She is now on a Flovent inhaler and Singulair tablet. Hopefully with the combination of the two, she will be able to fight off these problems a little better. I believe last week was a good test. My mom and sister were very sick with a nasty cold. Onna was around them some (although I shield her from illness whenever possible) and she just got a little bit of a scratchy voice and a runny nose. What a huge improvement!
I am so thankful that she seems to be healthier now that she's older. As a single mom, it causes a great financial burden to me when I have to miss very much work. Obviously if she's sick, I want to be with her, but to have her healthy has been such a blessing!
Oh poor thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad she is doing better now.
Those ear problems are no fun to deal with.
I like the new photo of your side bar of the two of you. It is very cute!!
Alex had a rough first two years of life too. He always got sick, and that always caused stress because Dan and I would have to figure out who would have to miss work.
ReplyDeleteAlex is much better now. His colds don't even last that long. (OK, I've probably jinxed his healthy streak too).
Onna has definatly been a different kid since she doesn't always have to be on antibiotics. It was always scary to have her so sick. Now she is a healthy little opinionated girl!
ReplyDelete