Onna had to start on neb treatments again the night before last. She did one yesterday morning and last evening. Then last night she did NOT sleep well at all! This morning she was coughing like crazy and had lots of snot (sorry). I took her neb machine to daycare so that she could get one in during the day. I'll do one again tonight. She obviously needs one. It's not even time yet, and she's coughing her poor little head off. I always feel so bad for her when this happens, but I guess this time of year it's pretty much inevitable.
I feel pretty good today, especially considering we didn't sleep well. I'm tired, but otherwise I feel good. My stomach is not as upset as it has been. I'm excited for my weigh-in tomorrow. I'll post results (but only if they are good!). Like I said before I'm excited to think that we might have finally found something that will work. And as an added bonus I've noticed that my usual hearing and sinus stuffiness is not as bad as usual. I've really surprised some of my students now that I can actually hear their whispers! lol
I have one quick Onna story... last Friday evening it was nice out so we were playing outside. There was a very nice, new, Dodge pickup that sped loudly past our house.
Onna turned to me and said "WHO that?!?"
I said, "That's Danny's brother, Keith. He drives too fast, that's why we need to stay off of the road."
She said, "Keith drive too fast?"
And I said, "Yeah, so stay off of the road." (She's never outside unattended, but I was just trying to use it as a teaching moment.)
Well then on Monday we stopped at the store and talked to Danny's mom (Myra). She switched jobs, so she's working at a different store than she used to. At first Onna was shy. I think she was confused to see her somewhere other than the grocery store. Anyway, when she finally got up the courage to talk to her, guess what she said: "Keith drive too FAST, stay off road!"
I was shocked! I was so surprised that she remembered that, but I was more surprised that she was able to put it together in her head that since Keith is Danny's brother then Myra is Keith's mom too! She's never met Keith, or any of Danny's siblings, or seen any of them together. Amazing! The funny thing is that Myra agreed. She told Onna that Keith does drive too fast, and Onna is right to stay off the road. I guess though, what 21 year old guy with a new Dodge pickup doesn't drive too fast, right?
That is too bad about the coughing...I remember Jordon having those issues every spring no matter what!! She is so funny and too smart as I have said before!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI hope your daughter feels better soon. I will say a prayer for her. It is never fun to have sick kids.
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny! Kids just say it like it is. They are so innocent.
It's amazing what they can remember.
It is amazing what they remember. So often when my children are quiet, I ponder what they are pondering (profound, huh?) But, really, I wonder what all their minds process?
ReplyDelete