Ok, so I'm really bored today. Onna is watching Dora, so I was looking through some of my older pictures. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites:

This is Onna with her big brother Jake. For those of you who don't know my story. Jake is her Dad's son from a previous relationship. He had custody of Jake, so while I was married to Onna's dad, I was Jake's mom. When I had to leave, I legally couldn't take Jake with me. This was taken the morning that I left. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to face in my life. I miss him dearly. I love you, Jake!
This is Onna's first smile that we were able to capture. She was 6 weeks old.

This is Onna with her big brother Jake. For those of you who don't know my story. Jake is her Dad's son from a previous relationship. He had custody of Jake, so while I was married to Onna's dad, I was Jake's mom. When I had to leave, I legally couldn't take Jake with me. This was taken the morning that I left. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to face in my life. I miss him dearly. I love you, Jake!
Onna was a really fussy baby. She had reflux and colic, so she spent a lot of her first few months really upset. This picture is a favorite of mine, not because I liked to see her cry, but when I think of those first few months, this is what I remember.

I love this post ...she was so cute. I do remember the fussy girl and your phone calls. I know you miss Jake very much, it really would have been so awesome if you could have taken him too!!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures!
ReplyDeleteCute photos!
ReplyDeleteSorry Lori, I'd somehow changed my settings to moderate comments. I didn't mean to do that! That's why they weren't showing up.
ReplyDeleteBarb,
Thank you so much. You're right, I do miss Jake. You've been such a special friend to me. You've been there through some of the hardest times of my life. I can't even express how much this means to me!