Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Favorite Picture

This is for Momma Roar: She did a "favorite things" post where she mentioned a picture that had a quilt in the background that was identical to one that she'd been given. I commented on her post and she asked me to share pictures so I will, but first I'll share the story for those of you who didn't catch it on her blog.

I bought a picture once when I was in college. Since I was in college I was really broke. It was $40 and I couldn't really afford it. I debated and debated about buying it. It's a picture of a lady in a garden, at her feet there is a small blond-haired boy. You don't really see his face, but he caught my eye. I HAD to have that picture! I, for some reason, had an instant connection with that little boy.

Three years later, I met my ex-husband. He had a son from a previous relationship. As soon as I saw his son, I thought of my picture. He would have been about the same age in real life as the boy in the picture when I bought it!

Even though I no longer get to see my step-son, I still have the picture hanging in my living room and think of him every day!


This was Jake at about the time I bought the picture.

6 comments:

  1. Kari,
    What an awesome picture and story! I am so glad you shared this. What a wonderful way to be able to remember Jake.
    Beautiful post!!! I am so glad you shared it!
    ((Hugs)) Momma Roar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was hard for you to leave Jake and how much you loved him! Just know that he loved you too and that you did what u had to for you and Onna.You will always have your memories and hopefully someday things will be differentand you can spend time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute picture! I really like the ones with children in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I can kind of see the resemblance. Neat story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a neat pic you got. Just remember you are safe now. And maybe when Jake gets older he will come and visit himself without other people getting in his way. Just keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is neat! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete