Thursday, March 1, 2007

Onna, Snow, No Doctor appointment

I was supposed to take Onna to Sioux Falls yesterday to see Dr. Wallace, but I chickened out when I saw the forecast. So, instead of going to school, we stayed home and had a relaxing day.

Being home with her is so much fun! I can't wait until summer! She says and does such funny things. She had me laughing throughout the whole day. (Except for the 3 hours that she napped!)

Obviously we are home again today. We've spent a majority of the day at my parent's house, so we don't get so bored/lonely.

Yesterday, she was so lovey and cuddley. One time, while I was mixing up some frosting (at about 10:30 a.m.) she crawled up on her stool, she laid her head on my arm and said, "My little bit tired." It was so cute. I told her I'd rock her, but she said, "no, later" and I agreed that it was a little to early for her nap.

I've said before that every parent thinks their kid is the smartest kid in the world, but I really believe my daughter is smart. She turned two in December. She's been potty trained since October, and now she knows almost all of her ABC's. She can get all the way to V, and then she starts back at H. She can also count to 10, although she usually skips 5.

The other night my mom walked back to our house with us. When we got there, our cat Gracie, met us at the door. My mom said, "Look, Onna, Gracie's saying Hi to you." Onna very quickly replied, "No Ma-ma, Gracie not say HI, Gracie say MEOW!" It was so funny we both about fell over laughing!

I think Onna is ready for her nap. When she goes to sleep I need to work on putting pin-stripes on a MN Twins Jersey birthday cake that I'm making. It's supposed to be for a party at school tomorrow, maybe they'll have to postpone it until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment