Thursday, March 29, 2007

5+ things about me

I just wanted to share that I had a great day today. At my weekly weigh-in I was DOWN 5.2 pounds! YEAH! I realize that it's not healthy to do that all the time, but I'd gained that over that last 2-3 weeks because of my meds being messed up. Now I'm back down to within 3 pounds of my starting weight for the weight loss challenge. We have 5 weeks left so maybe I can end up where I left off. I guess it's not so bad to end up "maintaining" throughout the winter months. I know that spring and summer will be easier.

The following questions were on Tracy and Momma Roar's blogs so here are my answers.

More things you didn't know about me and maybe you still don't want to know but I am going to enlighten you anyway.

1. First Name: Kari
2. Middle Name: Jean (That's Onna's middle name too)
3. Name you go by: Kari, or my teacher name
4. Name(s) your parents call(ed) you: Kari (sometimes Lisa or Sara, since those are my sisters and my parents got confused!)
5. Other nicknames (past and present): CareBear - Which I HATED!
6. What did you call yourself when you were little? Kari Zean (because I couldn't pronounce it correctly. Onna says Onna Nean)
7. Were your parents considering any other names (that you know of) before they settled on yours? If I would have been a boy I would have been Christopher, but then when my brother was born they picked Eric... I'm not sure why, I think they picked a short one because of my really long maiden name.
8. What does your name mean? 'Pure of Heart'
9. Do any famous people share your name? Not anyone really famous that I know of
10. Can you pronounce your name backwards? irak? Yikes, I've never done that before that's not good!
11. Favorite girls' names: Onna, Stella (my great-grandma's name), Tessa
12. Favorite boys' names: Seth
13. Favorite name you've ever read in a book: Gosh I don't know, I've read SO many books!
14. Favorite name from a TV show: I don't know
15. Favorite name for a dog/cat: Cat-Gracie, Dog-Zoie (hopefully she'll be coming this weekend!)

Well, that was at least 5 new things about me - hopefully you feel enlightened now! If you haven't shared a "5 new things about you" post yet, consider yourself tagged - even if you have done one, you're still tagged.

4 comments:

  1. That was great! My parents always called me my siblings' names too. I never liked that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try this one too. I will post mine sometime next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the weight loss...Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (referring to your weight loss) Yay!

    ReplyDelete