Sunday, March 4, 2007

Homemaking

I read this on one of the blogs that I read; Bloggin' with Lori B. You can visit her blog at: http://www.blogginwithlori.blogspot.com/ She got it from: http://penlesswriter.blogspot.com/ and she got it from: Morning Glory at Seed From My Garden She offered up this meme to anyone who wanted to play along. I think I will.

It's called the Homemaking Meme.
Aprons - Y/N? If, Y, what does your favorite look like?
I wear an apron when I do cakes. I have two, one that is white and one that is denim with red trim.
Baking - Favorite thing to bake:
Cakes!
Clothesline - Y/N?
No. I have this thing about bugs. It's weird but if I hang clothes on the line, I'm paranoid that there are bugs on them when I'm wearing them.
Donuts - Have you ever made them?
No, but I sure do like to eat them!
Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day:
Dishes. I also pick up anything that is lying around and make sure to put it away.
Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes. I bought it several years ago, and I use it all the time. I freeze my cakes as I decorate them. Garbage Disposal - Y/N?
No, not yet anyway. I asked for one for Christmas and got a digital camera instead. I've probably had more fun with the camera though!
Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?
None unless you count cookbooks and cake decorating books.
Ironing - Love it or hate it?
Hate it, but it is a necessary evil. I have to look nice at my job.
Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it?
Yes. In my kitchen.
Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme.
In the last two years, my entire interior of my house has been redecorated. My kitchen is two shades of green with white cupboards and trim.
Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I like to keep my house organized. I especially love keeping it a safe and secure place for my daughter to grow up.
Mop - Y/N?
No. I don't even have one. I swiffer from time to time, but usually I scrub it with a rag and bucket.
Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
In the washing machine.
Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
I have a lighted oven with a window and I do look in it but usually end up opening the door. I can just see it better that way.
Pizza - What do you put on yours?
I do not make pizza. My favorite is Canadian bacon with lots of mushrooms.
Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read, sew, bake, nap
Recipe card box?
No, I have mine in a binder.
Style of house?
I have a two-story blue house.
Tablecloths and napkins -
I use a tablecloth, but I use paper napkins.
Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Pretty much organized.
Vacuum - How many times per week?
Once. It's just my daughter and me (and our cat). We aren't home much during the week (during the school year anyway), so I vacuum on Saturdays.
Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
6-7 It seems like there is always more during the winter. I guess that's because we have to wear more layers.
X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I make lists for everything!
Yard - Y/N? Who does what?
I live next door to my parents' house. My dad does all the mowing and snow removal. I do the fun stuff to make the yard look pretty.
Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Double check the locks, turn off the lights, and check on my daughter.

This is a brief look into my home. If you'd like to join in and tag yourself, let me know so I can come read yours.

3 comments:

  1. Kari, thanks for stopping by my site and doing the meme. I just read yours and enjoyed it. Your green and white kitchen sound very pretty. I read your previous posts. Darling baby and darling little girl. Onna is an unusual name. I have a granddaughter names Oksana. Are you a school teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! Thanks for sharing. It was fun to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in the special education/resource department at our local high school. Right now I'm "just an aide" but I'm pursuing a second bachelor's degree to include a Special Education(my first bachelor's degree was in Marketing).

    ReplyDelete