My daughter is such a girl! This morning when I was dropping her off at daycare, we met another mom who was on her way out. Of course, Onna knows this mom (Sara) as "Baby Tate's Mom" because once you have kids you cease to have your on identity and become "Your Child's Name's MOM". Like I said, we met Sara at the door, and Onna said, "OH, Baby Tate's Mom!" Then Onna paused and said, "CUTE SHOES!" It was hilarious! The really funny part is that Sara is the band director and they had a big concert tonight. She was dressed up more than usual and really did have cute shoes on!
Another funny story about "Tate's Mom": Onna was at her first basketball game a few weeks ago. Tate's Mom, being the band director, lead the drum line that played that night. When we got home from the game, Onna was SO excited. She kept saying to me, "Tate's Mom turn music on!" She was absolutely amazed that Sara had so much power.
Last Baby Tate story: I love ALL of the babies at Onna's daycare. There are a LOT of babies there though. On the "baby side" there are anywhere from 15-20 children under the age of 3 there every day. Obviously they have a large staff too. On the "big kid side" there are about 20 preschool children ages 3-5 years. Well, because I work with Tate's mom, Tate is extra special to me. I thought it was so cool to be around someone who is pregnant and watch her belly grow and move. Then she delivered Tate, and he is a gorgeous baby! There is another girl at daycare that came to be known as "Breanna the biter." She is just three months younger than Onna and has a new brother, Austin. Austin is just a few weeks younger than Tate. During Austin's first week at daycare, Breanna began teasing Onna. She would taunt her and say, "Ha Ha Onna, baby Austin, MY baby!" It didn't take Onna long to reply, "Ha Ha Breanna, baby Tate, MY baby!" I told Sara, and she said that was fine. We could claim him too.
Okay, so I lied, one last Baby Tate story... One day when I arrived after school, Baby Tate was crying. Of course I went over to him and picked him up. He immediately cuddled right in and quit crying. After a few moments, I said to Onna, "Oh, Onna, I want one of these!" (Obviously that's not going to happen anytime soon!) She instantly replied, "WHY?!" It was really funny.
So I guess for now, I'm going to have to get my "baby fix" at daycare. In a way it's nice because I can hug them, and love them, and then leave them there when I want to go home. I get a full nights sleep and I don't have to change any dirty diapers. That's how it's going to have to be, for now anyway.
Cute stories. I love it that Onna asked you Why you wanted more kids. :-)
ReplyDelete