Tuesday, March 13, 2007

24 hour day & Confession

Just Mom (she inspires a lot of my posts) had a post where she listed her families activities for 24 hours. I'm not a stay at home mom, but here are my activities on a typical week day.

12:00 a.m. to 5:50 a.m. Sleeping

5:50 hit snooze button

5:57 shut alarm off and drag my tired self to shower

6:10 get out of shower, dress and go to kitchen

6:10-6:30 get my breakfast ready, pack my lunch, get Onna's milk

6:30-6:45 wake up Onna and rock her while she drinks her milk

6:45- 7:10 Onna bathes while I put on make-up, dry hair, etc

7:10-7:30 get Onna dressed, hair fixed glasses on, etc

7:30-8:00 leave for daycare, drop Onna off, and go to work

8:00 -4:00 Enjoying my day at school: Learning about American History, Earth Science, Computers and teaching my 3 classes.

4:00-4:30 leave work and pick Onna up at daycare

4:30-5:30 run errands, go to my parents' house (they live next door)

5:30-6:15 check e-mail and blog while Onna watches Barney

6:15 -7:45 If my Mom is home, she usually makes supper for us. If not I go home and make supper. Onna and I usually spend some time at my parents' house and then go home and read books, color, play with playdough, play in her kitchen, or play with her babies.

7:45-8:00 get Onna's pajama's on, give her medicine (Prevacid, Singulair and Flovent), get her milk ready,and take my medicine.

8:00-8:30 rock Onna to sleep

8:30-8:45 hopefully lay Onna down, and then I have "free" time

8:45-10:00 I watch t.v., read, exercise, talk to my friends on the phone and decorate cakes.

10:00 -10:30 get myself ready for bed and hopefully fall asleep.

Then start all over again the next day.



My confession (also inspired by Just Mom):

When I was probably about 8 or 9 years old, I called my sister a terrible name (bastard). I didn't even know what it meant, but I'd heard it on Little House on the Prairie. My mom was upstairs at the time, and came flying down the steps in a big hurry. She yelled at me and asked where I'd heard that word. I told her, and then she very sternly explained to me that was NOT a word that I was ever to use again!

Now it's your turn. I'd like to hear what your 24 hour day looks like, and I'd really like to hear some good confessions. Let me know once you've posted.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. That was fun to hear about what you do during your day! Do you teach high school or middle school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You are so fortunate to have your mom nearby. My mom helps me out a lot when she visits us, and I love it.

    Thanks for posting your 24 and your confession. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kari, lol, I did the same exact thing with my sister, and I think I had heard it on LHotP too, or else from my aunt!?!

    ReplyDelete