Sunday, April 22, 2007

Our busy week!

Onna and I had a busy week.

I started my summer job at the golf course on Wednesday evening. It was so much fun and very busy! I am so glad to be back for another summer. I really enjoy teaching, but I'm glad that I get to do something completely different during the summer. Plus it gives me a chance to be around adults, and it is usually when they are in good mood.

Thursday afternoon was my follow-up psychiatrist appointment. It's hard to believe it's already been a month. He seemed very happy with how I am doing. (I feel really good.) I've only had one headache all month, and it wasn't even a really bad one. I lost 9 POUNDS since my last visit. So that was an added bonus of the Topomax. As far as my meds go, he left me Effexor dosage the same (75 mg twice a day) and he wrote the prescription for the Topomax with a little bit of leeway for me. He said that it's safe to go up as high as 200 mg twice a day for migraines. Right now I'm at 50 mg twice a day and not having any trouble. Another reason for using Topomax is for weight loss. I don't have a lot more to lose, but since it is helping I'm going to keep using it. He said that as long as it is working at it's current dose, I don't need to do anything, but if it stops working as effectively then I can increase my dosage as needed up to the 200 mg dosage. He just wanted to make sure that I understand that with the increased dosage, my side effects will increase as well. He gave me a slight lecture on the importance of taking B complex vitamins because Topomax depletes these from the body. He told me that last time too. This time when I told him I'd had some tingling, he said, "You aren't taking B vitamins, are you?" I hadn't, BUT I did have good intentions to start. For all you moms out there, I have started now, so don't worry.

Before my appointment we stopped at the eye clinic and got Onna's glass adjusted. They get so bent out of shape, that we make a regular habit of get them readjusted. After the appointment we stopped and got a few necessities for the house, and then went to Onna's favorite place to eat, "Wha-Donalds!"

On Friday, I had cakes to finish and it was very nice outside. It was very hard to get motivated to get the cakes done. We ended up playing outside, and then I did the cakes after Onna went to bed. That's better anyway because she always tries to "help" me.

Yesterday was our visit with Jake, and then we stopped at Laura's house. Onna enjoyed playing with Sean and Sophia. We went for a walk and played at the park. After that we stopped at the grocery store and then came home.

This morning Onna slept in. She was so tired from such a busy week. With the weather being nice, and the days getting longer, it's been really hard to get her to bed at a decent time. The mornings have been really rough at our house lately. I've really struggled to get to work on time, because she refuses to get ready in the morning. She says, "No, Momma, sleep more!" So, today I let her sleep in, and she didn't wake up until 9:00. By 12:30 she refused to eat any lunch and said, "No, sleep first." So she laid down for a nap.

I was supposed to work today, but since it is raining, the golf course isn't open. That means a day off for me. That's good and bad. I could have used the money, but I have a cake to finish for tomorrow, so it's nice to have the time to get that done. Next weekend, I'm going to try to work both Saturday and Sunday evening shifts. I'm not sure how that will go, because that means I won't have any days off from today until May 5 or 6th. We are done with school on May 21st though, so this won't continue for very long. Plus it will help me get a little bit "caught up" on my bills before summer. I mean I'm not behind, but about the time I think I'm going to get ahead my car insurance comes due, or something like that, so this will give me a little cushion.

My mom and sister are frantically trying to get ready for graduation. My sister is a Senior this year, and graduation is May 19th. Her reception will be the next day at our house, so that means major cleaning needs to be done! I think they have all of the food ordered now, and all the decorations bought. Sara addressed the invitations this weekend, so I think they will go out tomorrow. It's crazy to think that she's going to graduate. I remember when we brought her home from the hospital. Oh my, I feel old!

That about sums things up here. It's 6:00. We've had supper, and I think it's time for bath and bed... would that get me nominated for worst mom of the year?

1 comment:

  1. No that wouldn't get you nominated for worst mom of the year.
    We had a busy weekend too.
    After I got off work we had supper, cleaned up, did baths and basically sat around and went to bed early.
    Sometimes we all just need some rest to get caught up and feel better.

    ReplyDelete