Onna with the Easter Bunny at our community celebration (check out her cowboy boots!)
Onna with her Favorite Uncle (okay only uncle) ~ my brother Eric!
Onna got to decorate eggs at my parents' house last evening. I'm not sure who had more fun, my mom, my sister, or Onna.
One thing that has changed lately has been with Onna's glasses. Sara noticed the other day that Onna was starting to go cross-eyed even with her glasses on. After she mentioned it, I noticed the same thing. I had noticed that her nose pads sitting really close to her eyes. After watching her throughout the day, I realized that she was looking over the top of her glasses and not through them. I adjusted the nose pads myself (because of course it is a holiday weekend). This made her glasses sit on her face where they are supposed to. Now it seems to be a lot better. I still need to do a little bit of adjusting because the nose pads left a little bit of a red mark on her nose today. I'm glad I have my family so close by. Sometimes they notice things that I don't see right away.
Daycare bites: On Wednesday after school, I went to daycare and had a meeting with the director of the daycare. I took in my many times revised letter and a picture of Onna's bruised arm. I spent an hour in her office. We discussed the state regulations regarding what they are (and are not) permitted to do as punishment. We discussed reasons why this girl might me biting and ways that it could be prevented. I explained that I really appreciate all that they do for Onna, but that I expect a plan to be implemented in order to keep her safe. She agreed that safety is important and once again assured me that they are doing their best. I guess time will tell.
Neb treatments: Onna hasn't needed treatments for over a week now. She does have a runny nose sometimes, especially if she's been playing outside. Her cough is basically gone too, except for when her nose is runny. She really enjoys playing with Zoie and so far hasn't showed any signs of being allergic to her.
Kari's meds: My medication dosage changed again on Friday evening. My Effexor dosage stayed at 75 mg twice a day, but my Topomax increased to 50 mg twice a day. Topomax is the one that has the "nasty" side effects that the doctor had warned me about.
The first week was really rough. I felt loopy and nauseous, like I'd taken a lot of cold medicine. I lost 5.2 pounds the first week. I'm sure that was because I wasn't feeling very well, and when I did eat I felt full quickly.
This last week I felt a lot better. I didn't feel nauseous at all. I lost 1.0 pound. I felt full when I ate, so that was good. The main side effect that I feel is that if I stand too quickly I get a little bit dizzy. I also notice that my hands and feet "fall asleep" a little more quickly than the used to.
I was really nervous about the dosage change because of how crappy I felt when I first started the Topomax. So far I've just felt tired. I was a little nauseous today, but I've eaten a lot of junk food too. My mom's cooking is NOT good for my diet!
Easter celebration: We had a fun time celebrating Easter. Onna was able to see the Easter bunny and gather treats at the community celebration. My sister, Lisa, and her boyfriend from Milbank came and my brother, Eric, and his girlfriend from Rapid City came too. Onna was SO excited to see them. We were able to eat a meal together on Friday evening. Then Lisa and Mike stayed here until Sunday morning then the went to spend time with Mike's family. Eric and Deb left on Saturday to spend time with her family, but then came back on Sunday morning and just left to go back to Rapid a few minutes ago.
Who's your sisters boyfriend? I'm from Milbank too....or I was at one time.
ReplyDeleteCute photo with the Easter bunny.
ReplyDeleteRe. glasses...Alex does that too (peeps out over them). Just keep doing what you're doing (making adjustments) so the glasses fit better.
Cute photo of Onna with the Easter bunny!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get the daycare/biting situation resolved.
Kerrie
ReplyDeleteMy sister's boyfriend is originally from Howard. He's a powerlinesman there. His mom has family there, but I don't know her maiden name. Sorry.
Do you know Sally (Rentschler) Barnhart?
ReplyDeleteLove the photo with the Easter bunny! Onna sure look's happy with Eric, did I mention she looks like YOUR family?!
ReplyDeleteJamie,
ReplyDeleteYes, Sally is my cousin.
Barb,
Yes, You have mentioned that Onna looks like my family. I personally think that's a good thing. I hope you agree. lol.