I had an exciting weekend. Jake called me on Saturday morning from Clara's (his mom's). I haven't seen him since last November, when I called his mom to set up a visit. She told me that she would do it once, but that she wasn't comfortable doing it after that. She said that I would have to go through Andy's mom (because that's who Jake lives with). Obviously Andy's mom and I don't get along so I didn't do that. Well anyway, Jake called, and wants to do a visit next Saturday afternoon, so of course I had to say YES! It will be at McDonald's in Madison and Jake said his grandma will be there, that makes me very nervous! I need to be strong and not let her see that at ALL. Andy gets out of prison next Monday. I don't know how visits are going to go after that, so I'm going take this chance to see Jake. He will be so impressed with how much Onna has grown and how much she is talking. He hasn't seen her since she's gotten her glasses.
I may just be paranoid, but I think Sue is up to something. I think it's very strange that I haven't heard anything from them this whole time, other than the occasional greeting card and now they want a visit. I think she is just going to try to gather information to try to get me to agree to do visits with Andy (which I'm not going to do). If she asks about it, I'm going to tell her that HE needs to call me and talk to me about it. If he wants to be her parent than he needs to be responsible enough to at least be able to ask me to see her. Then I will only agree under my conditions which will be that it is in a neutral, public place with me present. If he doesn't like that he can take me back to court. He can explain it to the judge. He'll look like an idiot.
Guess what Onna did to me this weekend! We were outside my house, and she was "riding" her bike. It was time to go inside for supper, but she didn't want to go in. I told her that she needed to go in and she had the choice to do it herself or I was going to carry her in. I told her I was going to count to 3. I started counting 1-2 (usually this is where she gets up and starts doing it herself)-3 she hadn't moved, so I picked her up off of her bike and she started kicking and screaming. She looked down the block towards Danny's house (he lives a block down the street) and yelled "DANNY! I WANT DDDAAANNYYY!!" She continued screaming this the whole way into the house and for probably 10 more minutes inside (and it was nice out so of course I had the windows open). I put her inside and ignored this rotten behavior while I started getting her supper ready. I was really hard not to laugh at her. I know she was tired and hungry, but I can't believe she yelled for him. He's never "rescued" her before. Did she really believe he would come running if she yelled loud enough?
Speaking of Danny, he quit his job in Yankton and moved back to Howard last week. Now he's got a job with Knight and Carver and is going to work with Keith (his brother) in North Dakota. He left at 7:00 this morning. They have a strange schedule where they are gone for 3 weeks, and then they are home for 3 or 4 days and then they are gone again. I think it will be a good thing for him. He's young and single. It will give him a chance to travel and make some good money. He'll be with Keith so that will be good too. Hopefully he sticks with this job for a while. He's been going through a transition time in his life so it's been a little rough on him. He needs some stability for a while. I also think the time and space apart will do our friendship a lot of good as well. It's too easy to rely on each other and get too attached when the other person is right here. I also don't want Onna getting attached to him. I'm afraid she's starting to look towards him to fulfill the "daddy" role in her life. He's not ready for that, and I'm pretty sure he's not the right person for that job. Obviously we both care about Danny a lot. I want to be able to continue a friendship with him, but not get confused about how I really feel about all this.
To totally change the subject, I start at the golf course on tomorrow evening. I'm so excited! By the way Barb ~ Wednesday night is Ladies' Night, maybe you'll have to take up golfing to get out of the house now that bowling is done. I have such a busy few weeks ahead. I have my follow-up psychiatrist appointment on Thursday. Can you believe it's been a month already? I have a baptism cake and a John Deere birthday cake to do for this weekend, and another birthday cake for Monday. I have a birthday cake for next week Thursday, and then the next week is Kindergarten graduation. I have two cakes to do for that. The week after that is high school graduation and my sister is graduating, so I have her cakes to do. Plus I'll help my mom get ready. So the next few weeks will be really busy, but then it will be summer vacation. My vacation will be 40 hours a week working at the golf course. Great, I guess there are worse ways to spend the summer.
Well, I better get going. All this time outside has Onna's allergies acting up again. I've given her decongestant, but she might need a neb treatment before bed. We'll see how she's doing after her bath.
I think the break for you and Danny will do some good...it could even help to wisen him up! Sound's like your cake business is really taking off ....good for you!!
ReplyDeleteHave a fun visit with Jake.
ReplyDeleteI know all about allergies. Derek has allergies too. It seems his are acting up more now too. He keeps having coughing spells. Does Onna have coughing spells too?
I want to know how the visit with Jake went. So fill me in. I need to update my blog too. I have some really cute pics of Kaylee. SO hopefully tonite I will get that done.
ReplyDelete