Thanks for the comments on my last post. Any advise that I can get is appreciated. I did not sleep well at all last night. After tossing and turning most of the night, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. At 5:00 a.m. I got up for the day. I started looking back at the notes I've kept and realized that Onna has been bitten 15 times (that left bruises) in the last year.
So, I started writing a "note" to the director of the daycare. I explained my frustration with problem continuing. I know that they are "doing their best" and that they have so much to do. BUT I really don't think it's fair to take Onna their every day, if she doesn't feel safe there. I don't have any other options though. I do believe that the opportunities for social development there are so far above anything that I could ever provide her with.
During my "free" time today, I typed up my "note" and made additions and corrections. My "note" ended up being a two page typed letter. I haven't given it to her yet. I'm not sure if I will. I will probably give her an edited version later on this week. I don't want to do it when I am so mad that I cause problems between the two of us. I really do like her and the rest of the staff. Other than this ONE issue, I believe that Onna's daycare couldn't be any better.
I will continue to pray that God gives me the right words to handle this in a diplomatic way, and that he will help B get through this stage in her development as quickly as possible.
So, I started writing a "note" to the director of the daycare. I explained my frustration with problem continuing. I know that they are "doing their best" and that they have so much to do. BUT I really don't think it's fair to take Onna their every day, if she doesn't feel safe there. I don't have any other options though. I do believe that the opportunities for social development there are so far above anything that I could ever provide her with.
During my "free" time today, I typed up my "note" and made additions and corrections. My "note" ended up being a two page typed letter. I haven't given it to her yet. I'm not sure if I will. I will probably give her an edited version later on this week. I don't want to do it when I am so mad that I cause problems between the two of us. I really do like her and the rest of the staff. Other than this ONE issue, I believe that Onna's daycare couldn't be any better.
I will continue to pray that God gives me the right words to handle this in a diplomatic way, and that he will help B get through this stage in her development as quickly as possible.

That really is a hard one to deal with! I can't believe that it's still happening. I feel bad for her!! I wish for a solution for you!!
ReplyDeleteIt is probably a good idea to wait and not give the first note...I will also pray for the "right words" for you.
ReplyDeletePoor little Onna
Oh my goodness! The biting needs to stop! Has the daycare provider talked to the parents of the biter yet? Maybe you will need to talk them...15 times is 15 too many! Your poor little girl! :((
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. Poor little thing.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree that daycare provider needs to be talked to and have things change. I would consider finding another provider.
I will say a prayer for both of you today.
I would not have put up with it one time. If my daughter came home with a bruise I would have called them on it the first time and pushed the issue severly. They need to think of it as their child. I would not take this lightly. I would considering it a form of abuse, they are neglecting to do anything about it obviously, if it has happened 15 times. I know this gal is your friend, but this is your daughter. I guess in my eyes if I lost a friendship over my daughter not coming home with bruises so be it. I realize it is a small town but that wouldn't even stop me. Onna could suffer in more ways than just a bruise if it continues. I don't know what to tell you to do. If it was me I would be chewing some butt right now. Until something was done about the other little girl. They shouldn't be letting her get away with it. Remember you are paying for Onna's care you have a say, plus you are MOM!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete