Just Mom did a post reviewing her motivation of why she blogs. Momma Roar just had a blogoversary. They inspired me to consider why I'm blogging.
The main reason that I blog is that it gives me a chance to “girl talk” with my friends. Most of my friends are moms. We have a really hard time getting together or even getting a chance to visit on the phone. When we do talk on the phone, it’s either with kids constantly interrupting, or late at night. Blogging has opened up a new way for us to communicate. It gives me a way to share my thoughts and opinions, and ask for and receive advice.
Blogging provides an avenue for me to vent the stress in my life. Outside of work, there are not a lot of opportunities for adult conversation. I can’t vent stress to my daughter, and I certainly don’t want to take it out on her.
My blog is my scrapbook and my diary. I don’t do well with keeping either. I do take a lot of pictures, and I manage to get them printed and into a photo album, but I don’t do cute pages with captions or anything like that. I realize that this is a public way to share my feelings, but sometimes I forget that anybody would care to read them.
This is also a running record of the activity and development in our lives. Onna is constantly growing and changing. I enjoy being able to look back at her cute sayings and activities that she’s done, and see how much she’s grown.
I’m not sure what your reason is for reading my blog, but hopefully, your stop here is a good one!
Good post Kari! I agree with being able to look back, I have gone back and looked at posts from the beginning and managed to giggle and much more!!
ReplyDeleteIt's truly amazing what blogging has done for me as well...
ReplyDeleteKEEP IT UP!