and staying home again. I made an appointment and we're going to the doctor at 9:30. It's been a week for Onna and almost a week for me. I don't call in sick very often for myself, but I couldn't do it today. I feel awful!
There were a couple things that I wanted to blog about before I forgot. The biggest developmental thing for Onna lately is in her pronunciation of the letter "L". She really overemphasizes the letter even ending up with her tongue outside of her mouth. It's a big difference from just a few weeks ago when play was "pway" and please was "pwease".
She had a really cute saying that I wish I could have posted yesterday. When Colin and Aron were here I served grilled cheese for lunch one day. She got really mad at me, and yelled at me about it. She said, "but MOM, Colin and Awon can't eat dat 'cuz day are boys! Day can't eat GIRL cheese!!"
Speaking of Colin and Aron, I don't know if I ever mentioned that their mom is Vietnamese. I was surprised when Norm told me that, because I couldn't really tell from looking at the kids. I was also surprised because it adds to the mix of daycare diversity that I already posted about.
One other Colin funny was about his stay at our house. Anyone who knows my mom, knows that she is an awesome cook. We spend a LOT of time around the table at my house. He pretty much summed up the visit with us when he said, "At your house we play all day and eat all night!"
I leave you with an Onna funny from a week or so ago. We were at McDonald's with Laura and her kids. We'd just walked in the door and were getting ready to order. The girls were very excited to be there and were being very loud. I leaned over and spoke to Onna. I said, "Onna, you need to use and inside voice. We are in a restaurant." To which she shouted, "This is not a restaurant this is OLD MCDONALD'S!"
No comments:
Post a Comment