Monday, January 21, 2008

Babysitting~ Funny Story!

The babysitting has been going really well. The biggest challenge is that we've been stuck inside because of the cold weather. Onna has been a real trooper, sharing all of her stuff and her mommy! Colin (almost 5) has been great, and Aron (9) has been pretty good. He's the one who is "BORED!" The first day they were here, we made outlines on freezer paper of their bodies. They spent about 45 minutes coloring themselves in. They got tired of that, so we finished them up today. Yesterday we made play dough using my Grandma Jean's recipe. They didn't think it would be fun at first, but they really got into it, and played for over an hour. Last night and this morning, we used my camera and the computer to make an iron-on transfer for a t-shirt. We put a picture of each boy and the saying "Dad is our superhero!" They want to wrap it up and giving it to their dad when he gets back. He'll be back sometime tonight. He wasn't sure how late, so he might wait until morning to pick them up.

Ok, so on to the story. This picture is from my bedroom door. You can see the top of the step on the left, then it's the bathroom door. Directly across from the steps is a mirror and then it's Onna's bedroom door.
Every night before bedtime the boys get hot chocolate. I was nervous about this the first night they stayed with me, because Colin is 4 and I wasn't sure if he'd get up to go potty. Well, he did, so I've been giving it to them every night. The last few nights he hasn't gotten up. Last night at 2:30 a.m. I heard this scurry of little feet coming up the steps. I sat up in bed and watched him come flying up the stairs. Instead of turning left to go into the bathroom, he went straight ending up in Onna's room! I couldn't see him, but with the baby monitor I could hear the activity. He made a quick circle around the room, and came running right out. He then headed straight for the bathroom. He flipped on the light, did his business, and I thought would head back down the steps. Instead, he came out and at lightening speed (think Dash from the Incredibles movie) went straight back into Onna's room again! He did another circle, and then I heard some shuffling around. I got up to go check on him and this is what I found:



How cute is that?!?!?

He didn't stay in there very long. I was worried that Aron would be scared if he woke up and couldn't find Colin. Also I don't think Colin could find enough blankets because he kept tossing and turning. I went into Onna's room, and he sat up when I went in (even though he didn't even flinch when I took pictures). I asked him why he was in Onna's bed, and he got this look of relief on his face like "oh yeah, that's where I'm at!" He then said he was scared, so I took him downstairs and we cuddled until he fell back asleep. He's so stinking cute, I just can't get enough of him! (I think Onna likes him too!)

So that provided the best laugh I've had at 2:30 a.m. (well at least sober anyway!)

I've had fun, and I definite know that I'm supposed to have more than one child. I also know that I'm not cut out to be a full-time stay-at-home mom. I'm already beginning to go stir crazy and looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter and I wish I could spend more time with her, but we do the best when we don't spend every minute together.

1 comment:

  1. You were right it is so cute!! It has to be hard for him to wake up not at home, but I'm sure he'll get used to it before you know it! I agree you should and will have more children!! Glad you posted the pic it is so much better to see than just imagine!! Have a good day at work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete