Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Change in Plans

So my plan for the week went like this:

Work out Tuesday
Work out Wednesday
Teleconference for Thrivent Thursday
Baby-sit Friday -Monday

Having a sick three-year-old threw a wrench in my plans. I picked her up from daycare last night. I got as far a Junius and she was coughing like CRAZY. I called daycare and asked if she'd been coughing all day. They said, "Well, just a little bit at naptime." I was already as far as Junius so I decided to run to Lewis, buy some cough medicine and workout anyway. Well, it was SUPER busy at the Community Center. So I worked out and then picked her up. She coughed some on the way home, but not a lot. I gave some more cough medicine before bed and rubbed her down with Vicks. Then I stayed up all night with her as she coughed her little lungs out! Poor kid. I feel so helpless when that happens. So needless to say we are staying home today from work and from working out. That stinks! I need the money, the exercise, and the visit with Laura!


FYI: The trick to removing ink from a doll is benzyl peroxide. I googled it yesterday, and several different sites listed it. Benzyl peroxide (10%) is the active ingredient in acne cream. The websites said to put it on the doll, and leave it under a lamp for 2-4 hours. There was one site that actually restores antique dolls that said they just put them in a window. So what I did was put it on and left it on my kitchen counter under the fluorescent light while I went to Madison. When I got home about 4 hours later, I washed it off and the ink was GONE. There are a few little spots that I must have missed with the cream, but otherwise you would never know anything happened at all. So I'll get those spots today. Crazy huh? So now you know. What did we ever do before the internet?

I better get back to Onna. She's coughing and sneezing like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment