It seems like I don't have a lot to say even though I've been running like crazy.
One of my main presents from my parents for my birthday was a membership to the Community Center. I've been trying very hard to make good use of my membership. My goal is to get over there twice a week. So far, so good! It's a lot more fun on the nights that Laura can make it too. It's amazing how much faster 30 minutes of exercise goes, when there is someone there to talk to!
I've also been busy with cakes. I had two to do this last weekend. One was for my boss at the golf course. He turns 40 tomorrow, and they had a surprise party for him on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun!
The other thing that Onna and I did this weekend, is we helped celebrate my Grandpa and Grandma's (dad's parents) 60th wedding anniversary. My mom hosted a big dinner for them and my aunts, uncles and their families. She put a lot of work into it, but I think everyone enjoyed the delicious food!
Onna's newest challenge has been to fall asleep in her bed without Mommy. Every time she accomplishes this, she earns one piece of smiley face gum. Over the weekend she earned two pieces, so we had some success!
Today when I picked Onna up at daycare there was some drama. She'd taken her new baby "Ginger" with her for the first time. Another preschool girl got upset right before lunch and wrote all over Ginger's face with an ink pen! The director of the daycare felt terrible about it, and apparently spent most of the afternoon cleaning the doll. By the time I got there, the other girl had already left with her mom (who offered to pay for a new doll), and Ginger just looks a little blue on one side. My feelings were that it's too bad that it happened to her NEW doll, but I know that when she takes toys to daycare that's a risk that we take. When I got home the other girl's mom had left a message on my phone. She was almost in tears over the ordeal. She said that she'd pay for the doll, and that I should call her back. I did call her back and told her not to worry about paying for it, but that I appreciated the offer. There are still nice people in the world!
Other than that, it's been the same routine of work and daycare. This weekend we will be really busy. Norm called and he has to travel to Phoenix. He will leave about 6:00 a.m. on Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll get the boys on Friday night or Saturday morning, but then I'll have them until Monday night. It makes it really challenging for Mike and me. We didn't get to see each other this weekend, and unless he wants to help me baby-sit, next weekend's not looking good either! I couldn't turn down the extra money though. Norm pays me very well, and that is a lot of hours of babysitting, especially since we don't have school on Monday. I'll probably be ready for school on Tuesday! LOL
That's about all I have for now... have a good week.
That was very nice for that daycare mom to offer to buy Onna a new doll.
ReplyDeleteI don't allow toys here for that very reason...
Hope you get to see Mike soon!