Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Quick note

I just wanted to say that today was Onna's first day back at daycare after Christmas break. I was really nervous, because it was her first day there with her glasses. When we first walked in I was carrying her, so I put her down. Breanna (the biter) approached her right away and grabbed for her glasses, saying "what's that?" I firmly grabbed Breanna's hand and said in a firm voice, "No! Don't touch!" I must have sounded pretty mean, because she immediately backed away. The staff said that Onna wore her glasses all day, and that none of the other kids messed with them at all! YEAH! Hopefully today wasn't just the honeymoon. I think that Onna has really noticed a big difference, and seems to tolerate wearing them just fine.

2 comments:

  1. When Dawson went to daycare after he got his glasses-he did really well unless someone said something about his glasses. Then he'd take them off. So everyone just ignored the fact that there was something new and all was well...he was 3 when he got them so a little older than Onna! But sounds like she is doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is good to hear...hopefully u r right and its not a honeymoon faze

    ReplyDelete