Monday, January 15, 2007

Another day off

Onna is doing a lot better. She still has a wicked cough, but I expect that to hang around for a while yet. She has to have a follow-up appointment on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. I think that will be good, to make sure she is getting better.

We finally get to go back to work/daycare tomorrow. Onna is very excited to get to play with the kids again. I'm excited to get back to work, and get things organized again. Because Onna got sick last Monday night, and we have a holiday today, it gave us a week off together. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything, but a week together is TOO much! I did go out for supper on Saturday night. Onna stayed with Grandma for a couple of hours. It was nice to have adult time with some of my co-workers from the golf course. Other than supper that night, Onna and I have been together every minute. There were several nights, when we even slept together, because that way I could keep better track of her breathing. Pneumonia is scary!

Well, Tony never called; story of my pathetic life! At first I thought maybe he was just busy, or something, but it's been over a week now, so I'm sure he's not going to call. I'm proud of myself though. I went on a blind date with a group of three people who I'd never met! I think that's a big deal. I'm trying not to get too depressed about the outcome. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, but like I've said before, it's so hard not to take it personally!

Everyone always says, "it will happen when you quit looking for it". Well, tell me how I'm supposed to do that?? I'm 29 years old, and have a small child. I'd like to have one or two more, but the clock is ticking. Most of the time I'm pretty content with my life. I just get depressed about this one area. It really makes me feel like there is something seriously wrong with me, and I will never find anyone who wants to be with me. It's really hard to stay positive. I know that is important. I feel like most of the time, I do a good job as far as keeping a good attitude, and not acting desperate. When I'm home a lot it is really hard though. I have lots of time to think about it. Also, with Onna being sick, I've been really tuned in to how much I have to do by myself. My sister constantly reminds me that there are other people who have it a lot worse, and I realize that. I just don't understand why it has to be like this.

Sorry for all of that. I guess I just needed to vent. I think this is a good way to do it, because I'm not forcing anyone to read it, and I'm not taking time away from my friends when they are trying to be with their families.

It will be good to get back to work tomorrow. Then I'll be more busy. I got a cake order yesterday. It's for next week Friday. A little girl is turning 5 and wants Happy Feet. I'll see what I can do!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing I can say to change the way you feel and I so totally understand!! I also am a strong believer in when you quit looking or in my case just plain give up it does happen!! Keep your head up you have alot to offer someone and hopefully he comes around soon!! I am glad Onna is on the mend, I know it's been a rough week for you!!

    ReplyDelete