Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Visit with Santa



I took Onna to see Santa on Saturday. They had free bowling with Santa in the morning. I've been trying to get Onna pumped up about Santa. I didn't take her anywhere last year because she was too little, and I knew she would be scared. So this year we've been talking about him a lot and reading a "Tanta Book!"

Well, when we got there, she wasn't real sure about the whole idea. Then Santa came over to us, and she froze. I was nervous that she would start crying. He talked to her for a minute and then walked away. As soon as he turned his back. She started jumping up and down saying "BIG TANTA" over and over again.

I took her coat off and gave her a few minutes. Then we went over to Santa. She still wasn't sure about the idea, but approached him cautiously. He knelt down to talk to her, and she told him she wanted " 'rucks, babies" for Christmas. He said he couldn't help in the baby department, "that's mom's job". Then he said, "How about a puppy, maybe you could get one for Christmas??" She got all excited and started say 'uppy, 'uppy!!

When we got home, I explained to her that Santa was wrong, and we wouldn't get a puppy for Christmas. Grandpa (Papa) has puppies though and maybe she could have one of his, but she has to keep it as his house. My dad has a puppy that he's keeping. It's one that they bottle fed so Onna has a special bond with Dixie "Dicky".

She still has a cough, and we've been doing neb treatments since Wednesday night. I might take her back over tomorrow. I'll see how tonight goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment