Sunday, November 12, 2006

"The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you're doing, someone else does."

Where did this weekend go?!?!

I've had such a busy few days that I really am ready for the weekend! On Thursday I had a doctor appointment in Howard after school to evaluate my medication for my hormone imbalance. She wants me to stay at the 30 mg for another month, and then try to go back to 20 mg. I'm really nervous about changing it at all, because if it doesn't work effectively I feel TERRIBLE!

Then on Friday, Onna had a doctor appointment in Madison to evaluate her asthma medication. She has been taking 1 puff of 110 mcg Flovent once a day for a month now. So far in that month she has not had another "episode". In the last 11 months Onna has needed to be on Prednisone 8 times! It really works well for her breathing, but since it is a steroid, I get so nervous giving it to her. The side effects aren't very fun either, so it will be good if we can get this under control so she doesn't need Prednisone any more.

Friday evening I had plans with my friends Melissa and Laura. I work with Melissa and I've been friends with Laura forever, but they'd never met before. We went out in Madison and although there were not alot of people out, we managed to have a really fun time!

Early on Saturday morning, I got a call that I'd been waiting for. Jacob called me and asked if he could meet Onna and I at McDonald's for a visit. So, I went over to Madison again. Jake and Onna were able to spend about 1 hour and 20 minutes together before he and Clara had to leave. It was nice to see him. He looks really good. He's lost some weight since school started, so that is good because he was getting a little "hefty". On my way home from Madison at about 4:00 I realized that I was on my way home from Madison for the third time in 24 hours!

Saturday evening my friend Dustin came to Howard from Sioux Falls. We drove to Carthage and ate supper at the Cabaret (it's a bar/restaurant). We both had prime rib that was awesome! Then we came back to my house and watched a movie before he left to go back to Sioux Falls. It was really fun to get a night out, and a break from my regular routine.

Today was the Potato Dinner at our church. I was assigned to package the carry-out/delivery orders. So I reluctantly worked there for a couple hours. It wasn't so bad, and I was home by 1:00. Onna took a late nap today. While she was sleeping I was able to get my patio cleaned off. There was a privacy wall that was made out of cinder blocks. I rearranged all of the blocks to make it look better and to add a safety wall on the north side of the patio. It's just cinder blocks, so it's nothing too fancy, but it works for now.

I'm tired and I have a little bit of laundry to fold and put away yet. I also didn't get my ironing done. I guess that's at the top of the list for tomorrow night! Onna needs to eat supper and a bath, so I better get moving before I fall asleep sitting here.

Until later....
Kari

2 comments:

  1. I personally know how awful Prednisone is...being on it for 6 months straight has been the worst part of having a blood disorder. Hopefully Onna doesn't have to continue steriod treatment. I can't imagine how bad it is on a little person's body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully this medicine will help her seeing how winter is just beginning..i hate to put jordon on it too and he has been 7 times in the last year..oh what do we do with our kids and their lungs ...hope this will be a better winter

    ReplyDelete