Monday, December 4, 2006

Monday, Monday

It was a Monday at work today! Which I guess is good considering it actually IS Monday. Some days go better than others, and today was a day that I'm glad is almost over.

I've been busy over the last few weeks gearing up for Onna's second birthday. We aren't having a party with her friends, because she is taking cupcakes to daycare instead. That's where most all of her friends are anyway. We are going to have a small party at home with family. She's very excited because I've been working on her truck cake. Today as I was assembling part of it, she decided that she wanted to eat a wheel. I decided that since I had more wheels to make anyway that she could try it. She said it was "MMM good!" I'm sure it will taste better once it has frosting on it, but she didn't seem to care.

I had a funny thing happen a few months ago. I decided that she needed new shoes because the only size fives that she had were her sandals. Since it was getting colder out, I wanted to get her a pair of tennis shoes. Usually she has several pairs of shoes in each size (Grandma and both of her aunts LOVE to buy her shoes). I was excited because I've only gotten to buy two pairs for her. So, I went to the store with the intention of buy a pair of tennis shoes. I came out with a pair of Nike tennis shoes (which cost double what I was planning to spend) and a pair of Airwalks that were too cute to leave there. A few days later, I was looking for some warmer shirts for her to wear in the boxes of clothes that are still too big. Well I ran across two more pairs of brand new size five shoes that my mom had purchased several months before. I'd packed them away and forgotten about them! They seemed so big when she bought them, that I had it in my head that it would be FOREVER before Onna could wear them. So needless to say, Onna ended up with 5 pairs of size five shoes!

I've gradually been putting these shoes away, as she grows out of them. The other day, I noticed that the only pair that is left is her Airwalks. Since Grandma was going to Sioux Falls today anyway, I put her on a mission to find new shoes. So Onna was very excited to wear her new "pink, white" which is what she calls them. If she doesn't know the name of something she just calls it by it's color. I've been very surprised at how many colors she knows!

Tonight I need to try to finish painting her kitchen set. It is turning out SO cute. I'll post pictures once I get it finished, and of course I'll post pictures of her truck cake.

This next few weeks are going to be very busy. Her birthday is Friday. Disney on Ice is Sunday. She has an eye doctor appointment next week Wednesday. Next Thursday is her Christmas program at daycare. Then the next weekend is my brother's girlfriend's college graduation. After that it will be Christmas. I think December will go very fast this year. I'm so excited for Christmas to come. It's been awesome watching all of through the eyes of a toddler. She loves "big TANTA" and she wants to hug the baby Jesus in the nativity scene. It should be lots of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I remember being so INTO shoes with Dawson and today I was saying to my mother in law that poor Caymen NEVER wears shoes! She has them...I just don't think to put them on her! And you'd think with a GIRL, it would make a difference. I think it's the difference between the 1st child and the 2nd! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at the shoes kari...they go through them so fast that it is hard to keep them on longer than a few months...if that! I am sure her cake will be awesome! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete