For those of you who don't know, I worked on of my "other" jobs yesterday. I sit on the election board, so I get a first-hand look at the process of voting. I believe it is such a privilege to be able to vote (especially as a woman). I don't necessarily agree with the way things turned out, but that's okay because at least people came out to voice their opinions. We had 68% turnout in our ward, which is outstanding for Howard.
The bad part about my day is that I had to be at the polls at 6:30 a.m. and we didn't finish until 7:30 p.m. That makes for a long day, even though the pay is good! The other disadvantage is that my eyes got really tired. My glasses are at least 7 years old! I made an appointment today to get new ones, because the old ones just aren't work right anymore. I've been getting migraines lately, and I'm sure that is at least part of the problem.
Today is already Wednesday. This week has gone fast at school. With being gone yesterday and one day last week, I felt really disorganized today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little bit more on schedule.
Onna is really learning to talk! She comes up with new words like crazy now! The other day she really suprised me, because we were ready books and she pointed to a green shape and said, "WEEN". I was so excited I had her do three more, and she got two of them right! ("WED", "PUPLE") She also has learned not only to count to three ("WEE"), but she can count three items! ("ONE", "DOW"(like rhymes with cow-not sure why that means two, but it does!), "WEE") Her latest thing at daycare is to refuse to go home with me. She starts screaming when she sees me and does not want to leave. Today she threw such a tantrum that she made herself throw up. I know this is just a phase, but it's really hard not to take it personally! I'm pretty sure part of the reason that she's been doing this is because of the nice weather they are outside when I get there. She's usually in the sandbox, and that of course is way more fun than Momma!
Well, I suppose I better wrap things up... We are going to go to bed soon. Yesterday wore us both out.
No comments:
Post a Comment