Today is Wednesday, the evening before Thanksgiving. I am still trying to get used to the idea that we are getting to the end of 2006!
This has been a busy week, and the next few days look just as busy. Today we went to Madison to get my new glasses. They really do help. It's amazing to realize how much I wasn't seeing anymore. I've lived in this area so long that I don't have to read street signs etc, but now that I can read them again, I'm kind of excited. While we were in Madison, I stopped and saw Barb, her kids, Ely and baby Cooper. Babies grow up so fast. I'm amazed every time I see him.
We don't have big plans for the holiday. I'd like to watch some of the parade. I think Onna is too little to understand what it is about. My brother is trucking now, so he's out on the east coast somewhere. Mom, Dad and Sara will be home. My sister Lisa will be in town, but I'm not sure if she's going to be with us or with her boyfriend's family. Howard has their "Hometown Holidays" activities going on. There are shopping specials, Santa, and a parade. They also have Snow Queen here on Saturday night, and I would like to go. One of my students is a contestant this year. She is pretty shy so I hope she does okay.
Over the weekend I have two major projects that I need to finish. 1) Get Barb and Britton's birthday cake baked and decorated. 2) Finish getting Onna's kitchen set painted
If I get those two things done, along with my other normal housework I will be very happy. I don't plan on doing any shopping. I have my list almost completed. I have to start early every year, because otherwise I don't have enough cash when Christmas comes around.
I have a question for those of you with kids. Did your kids ever go through a stage where they liked to make themselves go cross-eyed? Onna has been doing this for that last week or so. Usually it is when she is eating. I'm not sure if she's just watching her food all the way to her mouth, if she likes the sensation of seeing double, or if she is having trouble focusing that eye. I made an eye doctor's appointment for her in December to get it checked out. Maybe I just worry too much, but it really freaks me out when she does it!
That about sums things up around here. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Kari
No comments:
Post a Comment