Sunday, August 30, 2009

Too sick to go

The last couple days have been rough for us. On Thursday night, Onna had a fever and a runny nose. By Friday morning, she wasn't running a fever but her head was full of junk. I made a decision that she was NOT happy with and made her stay home from the football game (we won-yeah!).

Yesterday morning, I woke up not feeling well either. My sister had a bridal shower in Dell Rapids and then her bachlorette party was in Sioux Falls last night. Onna and I headed to the shower. Onna said, "I don't really feel like going, but I'm the flower girl, so I have to go. Bummer." I understand how she felt. We got to the shower, and I felt bad being there. I didn't want to expose everyone to what we had, but I did want to be there for Lisa. Then as the time went on, I was feeling worse and worse. After about an hour, I talked to Lisa. I told her that I didn't think I was going to be able to make it to her party. She said that I didn't look like I was feeling well at all (I wasn't). Sara and my mom were both there too. I was supposed to be Sara's ride home today. They both agreed that I should head home. I gladly accepted that idea and Onna and I left.

When we got back to Howard, we rented a bunch of movies and spent the afternoon and evening on the couch/bed in the living room. I know I was running a fever. By supper time it finally broke, and Onna was feeling much better. I took her over to Mom and Dad's to wear off some of here energy. I laid on the couch while she played with Grandpa and his new puppy.

About 9:00 or so last night we headed home and went to bed. I would have never made it out with the girls. I'm sure they had fun, but I know that I was not feeling up to it.

Onna said it well today, "We still don't feel good, but we feel better than yesterday." That's true. I don't have a fever today, but I'm still stuffy, have a sore throat and a slight cough. I'm glad I don't have to work today. One more day to rest before I go back tomorrow.

Onna starts gymnastics again tomorrow. She was excited, but now she says she's not. I think it's because she doesn't feel good.

This week is only 4 days at school. We have Friday off. I can handle that. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment