Barb texted last night and Jordon is home! GOOD NEWS! I'm so thankful that he is doing well.
I had a fracture to my left temple just before I entered 5th grade as a result of a bike accident (that's why people should wear helmets). I had a concussion with that, but was not hospitalized (my mom is an RN and that was a LONG time ago). I know what Jordon is going through. It's not fun. It's like a hangover times 100 -not that I would know what a hangover feels like :o) !!
To completely change the subject, we START SCHOOL here this week! The teachers start on Wednesday, and the kids come on Thursday. I'm kind of excited to get back into a routine, but I can't believe summer is over. This summer flew by faster than any other has before.
I told Dave that I will not be working school nights at the golf course this fall. He wasn't very happy about my decision. I'm a little nervous about if I can swing it financially, but I know that it's the right decision for Onna and me. Otherwise I'm gone a lot, and I feel like I don't see her. She's growing up so fast, and I don't want her to remember her childhood as me always being gone.
So this week I start my new schedule. I worked today at the course, and then school during the week, and the course on the weekend. It will be weird that's for sure. I hope it works... I guess we'll find out.
Onna has one more year left of daycare/preschool. We are fortunate that her daycare has a preschool right there. Miss Kandy is her teacher and does an excellent job! I've been amazed when she tells me about crescent moons or the order of the colors of the rainbow. I ask her where she learned those things and it's always, "Miss Kandy taught me!"
Miss Kandy and I usually have a conference toward the beginning of the year and set some goals for her learning. She knows how to write her name, all the letters and most of their sounds. She can count I'm not sure how far probably 50-60 without assistance. This summer she has learned her phone number. I think this year she will work on her last name, continuing letter sounds, and then combining the letter sounds, possibly some simple addition (we've worked on that at home). She LOVES the "school" part of daycare, but has gotten so she doesn't want to take naps. She still very much needs naps, so I'm glad they enforce that.... they tell me she is almost always the first one to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment