January:
This is what we've been doing during our break:
Onna's been playing with her "babies"
She painted her nails.
As you can see, she did a beautiful job!
She talked on the phone, even though she was very tired from too many late nights. She also enjoys saying hi to her new friend, her fish Cliffy.
She's spent some quality time with Grandpa's puppy Pixie.
I celebrated my birthday with my friends. This is Laura and Me.
Money
I hate money! Actually I really like money, and I wish I had a lot more of it. The problem is I never have enough. I hate the stress that comes with that!
March:
Last night was the Wine Tasting Fundraiser for Onna's daycare. It was also the first "date" for Mike and me. I had a lot of fun. I've never really tried wine before, so I learned a lot. I found out that I don't really care for red wine, and I like the sweeter white wines. On the list the sweeter wines are at the top and they get drier as they go down. There were also many foods there that I'd never tried before. I didn't try anything too crazy, but the dessert table was AMAZING!
April:
Onna's hard words, new glasses, Aron and Colin move away.
May:12 more days
That's right... 12 more days of school... then it's summer "vacation"! I can't wait! I love my job, but this schedule is so hectic. I dread this time of year.
June:
Work and Babysitters
So far this summer has been spent working and finding babysitters. That seems to be the hardest part of the job at the golf course- my hours!
July:
R and R
I'm hoping for a little rest and relaxation today. I had a long busy weekend at work.
August:
Saturday night, I went to Madison and celebrated Laura's Birthday! She was celebrating "the first anniversary of her 29th birthday!" LOL We had a lot of fun! Here is a picture of "the girls":
Sunday afternoon, I attended my first ever Lawn Mower Poker Run. It was held in Epiphany, SD. They were celebrating the town's 125th anniversary. The Poker Run was the conclusion of the three day event. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the motor cycle poker runs that are pretty common in this area.
This was similar, except that we stayed in town. We started at the Coonhunter (the bar) and got our map. There were nine stops along the route. At each stop you get a signature/stamp (and a beverage if you want one), then you move on to the next stop. Then at the end of the route, you end up back at the bar. You get to draw your poker hand, and whoever has the best hand, wins money. The friend that invited me, won second place! That was exciting, it probably almost paid for all the gas we burned get the mowers there and driving them all over town. (The town is really small though, not even a mile across.) There were about 60 mowers that showed up, most of them were John Deere.
These are some of my friends, Brad and John. (update: John and I are now dating- this was kind of our "first date" even though we wouldn't call it that at the time!)September:
Fire at the alley!
Plans have changed here lately. Instead of closing October 1st as originally planned, the golf course might be staying open until the END of October!Last Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:19 a.m. the fire whistle went off. The bowling alley was on fire! After fighting the fire all day and into the evening the firemen got it completely out. It was a complete loss of the bowling alley portion of the building. The bar and restaurant part had significant smoke damage. We had some very tired firemen on Monday night!
Plans have changed here lately. Instead of closing October 1st as originally planned, the golf course might be staying open until the END of October!Last Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:19 a.m. the fire whistle went off. The bowling alley was on fire! After fighting the fire all day and into the evening the firemen got it completely out. It was a complete loss of the bowling alley portion of the building. The bar and restaurant part had significant smoke damage. We had some very tired firemen on Monday night!
October:
This was such a fun weekend! Friday was homecoming, so we didn't have classes during the day. Each class builds their float. This was our 60th homecoming so that was the theme this year. Each class picked a decade. I was with the sophomore class, and they picked the 60's. Their slogan was "Marching Our way to Victory". The float got 1st place! YEAH!!
November:
Last year she was a skunk. My brother, Eric, lives in Rapid City. He told her that he was dressing up as a skunk too. He called us just as we were taking pictures and told her he wanted her to send him a picture in her skunk costume. She replied by saying, "I want a picture of you too!" So he got creative and came up with a costume, just to get a picture to her!
This year he was going to be here for Halloween so he decided he would dress up with her. Little did we know what else he had in store!

He built this for her! It's her own firetruck. It goes on the lawnmower and she was able to ride around in it to trick-or-treat in. It even had working lights and siren! The craziest part is that since he lives in Rapid City, he had to build in in pieces there and then transport it back in his car in pieces. He assembled here on Friday afternoon!


Onna summed up the day after I'd printed off some of the pictures. She was looking at the pictures, and she was talking to her self. She kept repeating "Perfect, per-fect!" She was SO HAPPY! Thanks Uncle ERIC! I think he out-did himself this time.
December:
My sick little girl...
POOR ONNA! I thought I was doing the right thing when I got her the flu shot. She did fine the first two days, and it's been down hill ever since.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
She's on Vacation!
Onna left with Eric and Deb at 8:30 this morning. After picking up Deb's nephew, Bentley, they headed to Rapid City. They called a little while ago and were at Chamberlain. They planned to stop at McDonald's for lunch before making the rest of the journey.





This was a great idea - it certainly makes more sense than just one sentence!!! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteI do love that fire truck and her costume! What a cutie!!
Thanks for letting me know you played along - I think it was fun!
I'm glad you joined in the fun! What a wonderful peek through your year!
ReplyDelete~Kelli