Monday, July 7, 2008

R and R

I'm hoping for a little rest and relaxation today. I had a long busy weekend at work.

Onna was lucky and got to go with Grandpa, Grandma and Sara to Grandma Jean's house for a long weekend. They left Friday morning and were fishing at the river by supper time. Onna had never been on the boat before and had never been fishing. She'd gotten her own pole and life jacket and had been practicing all week. She'd been helping Grandpa and Eric work on the boat too, so she was really excited. The only problem was that she wanted me to go. She said that she wasn't going to have any fun without her mom there. I told her that I wanted her to TRY to have fun without me. She said that she would try. It sounds like she did have fun and that she was able to catch some fish with her pole! I don't have any pictures yet, but maybe someone will get some to me (HINT, HINT, SARA!!).

As for me, like I said I worked. We were the only bar in town open for the weekend. We also were busy with golfers, and we had a class reunion. On Sunday morning we were the only place open for food. That meant LOTS of business for us. Obviously we will gladly take people's money, but it meant very little sleep for those of us who were working and many hours on our feet.

I'm off today and I'm hoping it's nice enough to go swimming. I have some cleaning I could do, and of course laundry. That stuff will still be there tomorrow though, so we rush into it right??

No comments:

Post a Comment