Starting to decorate the cakes:
The finished cakes:

Onna tried to stay occupied by making a tent in the living room. She's really been into that lately. I think that's what I'm going to look into for a birthday present for her. She also made a trail of blocks from the kitchen to the living room. Just in case I need to find her. Do you think she was feeling a bit starved for attention?
Here is the picture of the whole family. All of the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids were able to make it. A few of the spouses and boyfriends/girlfriends weren't there, but I think we pretty much filled up the picture.

My sisters and me.
My "normal picture" look. I have so much trouble keeping my eyes open! Onna didn't have a nap. She was not impressed with taking pictures.
...and because of the no nap situation this is what I had by about 8:00 p.m.
She wasn't the only one. My cousin Becky's daughter was the same way.
The finished cakes:
Onna tried to stay occupied by making a tent in the living room. She's really been into that lately. I think that's what I'm going to look into for a birthday present for her. She also made a trail of blocks from the kitchen to the living room. Just in case I need to find her. Do you think she was feeling a bit starved for attention?
Here is the picture of the whole family. All of the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids were able to make it. A few of the spouses and boyfriends/girlfriends weren't there, but I think we pretty much filled up the picture.
My sisters and me.
My "normal picture" look. I have so much trouble keeping my eyes open! Onna didn't have a nap. She was not impressed with taking pictures.
...and because of the no nap situation this is what I had by about 8:00 p.m.
She wasn't the only one. My cousin Becky's daughter was the same way.
These are "My Kentucky Cousins." My Aunt Helen, lives in Kentucky and raised her six girls there. Now they are starting to get married and have kids of their own.

Overall we had a great time, and I wish that the time I had with my cousins was a little bit longer. During the time that they were here (Wednesday-Saturday) I was either making cakes or working at the golf course, so I only got to see the one evening and at the party. That stinks because they don't get back very often. They had never seen Onna, and I had only seen the oldest one of their kids. With so many people to talk to we only got a few minutes with each person. We exchange email addresses though, so hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch now.
Your cakes are awesome. Do you have the character shape pans? I might have you make Kaylee's b-day cake. She is so into elmo right now. I will have to get back to you on that.
ReplyDeleteYour cakes do look great! You do a good job!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the not getting to visit with everyone. Time just doesn't allow it at the events. Glad you had fun though.
Have a good 4th! Working, yuck, but if it is busy that will help the hours pass quickly..