Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The best salad EVER!

Photo courtesy of : Robinv
This is the BEST salad I have EVER had! The ladies that put on a tournament at our course served it and I had a bite of the leftovers. It was delicious. Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENTS
2 bunches spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
4 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds


DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
Here are my hints/adaptions: We didn't put sesame seeds in it. I don't know why. They didn't serve it that way, so I didn't make it that way either. Also, the ladies that served it said to wait until the "last second" to mix the strawberries with the spinach. They said that the strawberries make it wilt really fast. The other thing they did, is that they didn't pour the dressing over the salad. They let each person put their own dressing on.

So if you haven't had this salad, TRY IT... then tell me what you think about it!

1 comment: