Thursday, July 17, 2008

All Onna

Onna is at such a fun age right now. 3 1/2 years old. She has ATTITUDE, but along with that her personality and vocabulary is growing exponentially each day.

I can't even begin to catch all of the cute things she says. She keeps me laughing (or pulling out my hair) from the time I wake up until I get home from work.

She REALLY struggles to fall asleep without me in the house. We have made BIG progress in that she doesn't have to fall asleep WITH me. She's never slept in my bed, but I used to rock her to sleep, then I laid in her bed with her. Now she falls asleep on a mat in my room, and I carry her to her bed later. That's progress, steps in the right direction!! The problem is that I work late, and when she's at my parents' house she does not go to sleep until I get there. Sometimes, within 5-10 minutes after I walk through the door she's crashed out, but she just can't do it until she knows I'm home.

Here are a few of the cute things she's said lately.

After a really fun day shopping in Sioux Falls with my mom she said, "These nights are wreckin' our days!"

She'd been trying to think of the word for the place where cactus grow (desert). I let her try to think of it herself for a minute. After she came up with the word on her own. She said in a very dry monotone voice, "I can be a grown up now." LOL

Last weekend My mom and Sara took Onna to the Brookings Art Festival. My former Aunt (she was married to my uncle) performed there. Onna got to "help" her, here I'll let Onna explain:




Oh, and the little pool, was supposed to be for our dog. We have a season pass to the pool here in town. BUT... on the way home from the store Onna told me she wanted to "try" it before we gave it to Zoie. How could I say no to that, right?

2 comments:

  1. LOL she cracks me up! She always has something to make me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she kept saying "I don't know"

    :)

    ReplyDelete