Monday, March 31, 2008

Snow Day

Today was our first snow day of the whole school year, and here it is 2:10 in the afternoon and it is still snowing like crazy.

I was really relieved when the call came this morning that school was late, and even more relieved when the second call came that it was cancelled. Not that I wanted snow again, but I really needed today. My plan yesterday was to do some major cleaning. I did vacuum, but just the main areas. Today though I really vacuumed. I moved the furniture and did all the corners. My house really needed that especially since my schedule is about to get really busy.

Onna needed it too. When I woke her up this morning, she said to me, "But I didn't even get to sleep yet!" I guess the 10 hours that she'd slept didn't feel like she'd slept at all. Luck for her the call came in right after that and she was able to go back to bed.

The golf course opens tomorrow. Yeah that's right even with the snow. We don't have a lot of places to eat here (the bowling alley, one diner that open during daytime hours, and a convenience store). So that means the clubhouse will be opening for the season tomorrow. I talked to the manager today, and I won't start working until this weekend. I'll work a few hours on Saturday, but for the next seven weeks I'll being doing the school, golf course and cakes. Here's how that went last year.

Speaking of cakes, last week was SO busy! I'm thankful for that, but I did 7 cakes in 8 days. Miss Janaya turned 4 years old, so of course we had to celebrate that! Onna had so much fun at her bowling birthday party. She was so nervous because she'd never even been to the bowling alley before. She did great though. (Thanks Britton for doing such a great job helping all the little ones!) Also little Colin that I babysit turned 5 on Friday. I found out that they will be moving at the end of April to Arizona. I will miss the two boys like crazy because they've spent a lot of time at my house, but they will be close to family, so that will be better for them. Also, Mike had a birthday on Saturday, and we were able to spend an evening together that night. That pretty much sums up last week for us, cakes and birthday parties!

Hopefully this next week will bring sunshine and golfing weather. I have two cakes to do this week so far. I suppose I better going.

No comments:

Post a Comment