Saturday, March 22, 2008

Crazy Saturday

Well our Saturday has been a little bit off schedule. First of all it doesn't seem like Saturday. By the time I go back to school on Tuesday, I'm going to be so messed up I won't even know what month it is!

Last night, my brother and his girlfriend were at my parents' so Onna and I got to bed pretty late. We'd made plans with Mike to drop Eric's trailer off at 7:30 this morning. So I had my alarm set, and went to bed. I woke up at 4:15, went to the bathroom, and checked on Onna. She wouldn't let me put a Pull-up on her last night before bed, so I was going to slip one on her while she was sleeping. I was too late. So I changed her and her bedding, and she slept right through all of it. Well, by then it was 4:30 and I was wide awake. I tried to go back to sleep, but I knew I had a cake to finish today. As I laid there and thought about it, I realized how much faster I could get it done with Onna sleeping. She always has such good intentions of trying to help me, but it really slows me down. So after about 10 minutes of laying there, I decided to get up and get the cake done.

The cake went together very well. It's surprising how well it goes, without a three-year-old pulling on my elbow! Anyway, by then it was about 5:40. I had plenty of time left before I had to get ready to go, but not enough time to go back to bed. I decided to get the next cakes on their boards and the first layer of frosting on them. I worked until 6:30 on cakes, and then hopped in the shower.

Eric and I then ran the trailer over to Madison and dropped it off with Mike. Hopefully it goes well for him and doesn't give him any unexpected problems.

We got back to Howard around 8:30. I was planning to take Onna to the local Easter Egg hunt, and pictures with the Easter Bunny, but she had other plans. I told her that she HAD to take a bath first, and she refused. After a long power struggle, I asked her if she'd rather take a nap and then a bath. She said yes, so that's what we did. We napped from about 10:30 or so until about 2:00. Then I tried the bath idea again. Well, I didn't go well the second time either. Eventually, she ended up in the tub with her pajama's on. That's because she was refusing to take them off. So I told her if she didn't take them off, I was going to put her in anyway. Eventually that's exactly what I did. It was not a pleasant experience for either one of us, but it was a power struggle that I needed to win. By this time it was 3:00, and she was clean but hungry. So we got something to eat, and went to my parents' house. Eric, my brother, was back from taking his girlfriend to Wakonda. Lisa and Sara, my sisters, had also arrived.

Onna spent time this afternoon dying eggs with my sisters. They also hid some plastic eggs in the yard, and let her hunt for them.

This evening we had a family supper of steak and potatoes. It's been a long time since all of my siblings were home at the same time. It was nice to spend time with everyone.

I'm looking forward to an early bedtime tonight. I have more cakes to work on tomorrow, but I won't be getting up so early to do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment