...literally!
I've been working on taxes, and I have a headache. Actually it's a migraine, and it's so bad that I had to stay home from work today. I don't miss much work because of ME being sick, but today just couldn't do it.
My taxes themselves aren't that complicated. It is a little harder than last year because of my cake business, but it's not too bad.
The stressful part is that I've been working since I left my ex-husband to clear up my bad credit. Not that he's 100% to blame, but before I met him my credit record was spotless. While we were together, I acummulated a lot of debt. Most of it was in MY name, and it happened BEFORE we were married. That meant that during our divorce preceedings, it could not be mentioned. So on top of raising my daugher, and getting very little child support along the way, I've been chipping away at these old bills.
I think with my tax return I'm going to be able to settle the last credit card bill. I realize the bill collectors have a job to do, and their ultimate goal is to try to get as much money as they can as quickly as possible, but sometimes they can be SO mean! I've lucked out this week, and the lady that I'm working with has been decent to me. I've explained my circumstances, and I think we are really close to working things out.
After this, I'm going to get another credit report, and HOPEFULLY, this is the last thing on it. It's so confusing, because once bills get into collections they sell them to different companies. It's so hard to keep track of what you owe, and who you owe it to. I think this is it though, I sure hope so.
One thing I did this afternoon, after spending most of the morning laying on a heating pad, was I sorted through a box of old bills. I was really surprised at how much stuff I really have taken care of. I also said a prayer of thanks for getting me out of the situation with my ex-husband that hurt me in so many ways.
Sometimes this situations gets overwhelming so I remind myself of a favorite quote of mine:
"Every day, and in every way, I am becoming better and better."~Émile Coué
No comments:
Post a Comment