Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Headache

I got hit hard with another migraine. The one last week was probably an 8 or 9 on a scale of 1-10. This one is probably a 6 or 7. I don't understand why I'm getting so many of them again all of a sudden.

Last night, Mike called and I went over there to watch a movie. Sara offered to watched Onna, so Mike and I had some time alone. Unfortunately, by the time the movie was over, I was getting tired, and the headache was starting to set in. When I woke up this morning, I hurt BAD. These migraines are different than the ones I've had in the past. The pain is the same place, but I have more vision "issues" than before. So I moved out to the couch and laid on the heating pad for about an hour before going home. Driving home was hard because the snow really hurt my eyes. I feel like such a bad mom when I feel like this!

I think I'm going to increase my Topamax dosage. The doctor wrote my prescription with some leeway to go up and down as needed. I can go up as high as 200 mg twice a day. Right now, I'm only taking 50 mg twice a day, so I have plenty of room to adjust. The only thing is I don't really like the side effects of the Topamax. It causes tingling in my fingers and toes, so that's not very fun sometimes. It also makes working out difficult, because I think that's why my feet and legs fall asleep whenever I'm on the cardio equipment. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm on a treadmill, ellipitacal, or bike. About 8 minutes into my workout, my toes fall asleep, then it gradually continues up my legs, especially my left one. By the time I'm done working out, my entire leg is numb. It not a problem until I get off the machine. It's rather embarrassing because I tend to trip over my own feet!!

Even though there are side effects, I think the benefits are worth it. So wish me luck. Otherwise, I'm stuck on the heating pad.... here I am again for the second time in 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment