Well, after several days of laying on the couch and coughing, and coughing, and coughing.... I'm finally starting to feel better.
Luckily through all of it, Onna stayed healthy. I'm so thankful for that! She went to daycare to play with her friends, even though one day she wanted to "be sick with Mommy."
That was the sickest I've been in a LONG time, and I don't want to go through that again! I still have a scratchy throat and not much of my voice back. I don't have a lot of energy, and I still have a bit of a headache. BUT I'll take that over what the last week has been.
On Thursday afternoon, I managed to venture to the local grocery store to get a few necessities. Dave, my boss from the golf course, is the meat guy there. When I came around the aisle. His comment to me was, "You look like Sh**!" Nice, as if I didn't feel bad enough already! Then I replied, "Well, you should have seen me on Tuesday. I looked a lot worse." Then he said, "I didn't know you could look worse." Wonderful! Way to boost my spirits! He really is a good guy, just not very sensitive.
He did have good news though. The golf course is scheduled to open right away the beginning of April this year. Hopefully there will be no flooding like there was last year. He said that we will be adding a pizza oven, so that should be good for sales. I'm excited for the added income, but dreading the crazy schedule that comes with that job.
Tomorrow, I'm thinking about going to Mitchell. I need to get to Wal-mart to stock up again. I hate that trip, but I better get it done.
This next week will be a busy one, and then next weekend is Wine Tasting. I'm getting excited.
Glad you are feeling better! I love your new look on the blog!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't visited in a long time. (sorry.) Your blog looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about getting sick. We like to share illnesses in this house.
Glad you're feeling better. :-D