Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tiny Talk

On Sunday evening after a LONG day of work. I was trying to get Onna settled for the night. I'd been up since 5:30 a.m. and it was quickly approaching 10:00 p.m. I knew that 5:30 a.m. was going to come again very fast, and I didn't have the luxury of the three hour nap that she'd had in the afternoon. We were in that bathroom going potty "one more time Mommy!" When I said to her, "Onna, hurry up, I'm getting starting to get mad!" She said in her cute, innocent, two and a half year old voice, "What are you so mad about?"

I couldn't help but stop and giggle. You know she's right. I was tired, but it didn't help the situation by getting mad at her. She's two. She doesn't understand that I have to get up in the morning! It was a good reality check for me. I'm so glad that she can voice these things to me now! It made me stop and take a good look at myself and the way I do things. Thank goodness for two year olds!

To find out what other tiny ones are saying, visit Mary at Not Before 7 for Tiny Talk Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet. I have so many times that they just stop me in my tracks as well with something so true and profound, yet they have no idea what they just said.

    Your daughter is beautiful!

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex keeps me in check all the time.

    Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I love children and their innocence and how much I learn from mine and are humbled by them!
    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her comment about what are you so mad about.
    Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They keep us in line! I'm giving away the book, The Power of a Praying Parent this week at And She Prays... If you're interested, come on over & leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need my kids to say those things to me too - I think God definately speaks through them in those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the mouths of babes....I love the simple way kids think. I believe we should try to be more like them more often. It's so much simpler that way.

    ReplyDelete