Tomorrow will be a sad day for me, but a very exciting day for Miss Onna.
My mom is taking her to visit my Grandma Jeaniene in Gettysburg (about 180 miles). Grandma Jean is who Onna and I both got our middle names from, and is a pretty cool lady. She is going to be 73 years old in October, but still owns and operates a Realty business in Gettysburg. With her business, she has several rental properties that she does most of the maintenance and all of the yard work/snow removal!
Along with my mom, my sister Sara will be there (she actually left yesterday). My brother lives in Black Hawk, and he's planning to come back. My mom has two brothers. One brother lives in Gettysburg with his family, so obviously they will be there. The other one lives in Montana, and he is planning to come back. He hasn't been back to SD since May of 2006! I think he'll see that Onna has grown and changed since his last visit!
My grandma also has sisters who live in Huron. I think that my mom plans to pick up one of the sisters along with her husband on the way through. So the weekend turned out to be a mini-family reunion.
Unfortunately none of this was planned until last weekend, which gave me NO time to plan/schedule anything at work. I'm scheduled to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. I've also committed to help with the tractor pull on Sunday afternoon. SO I guess I'll be staying here. (I couldn't afford to miss three shifts, even IF I could find someone to work for me!)
Mom and Onna are going to leave around noon tomorrow. They are going to get home sometime on Sunday. Yeah, I'll probably have a nervous breakdown. I've never been away from Onna for that long. The longest has been 24 hours, and that's when she's right next door (while I'm working at the golf course).
The hours when I'm at work won't be so bad, but I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with myself on Saturday during the day. I've never had a whole day to myself without her! Plus I have NO money so I can't even go shopping, or to a movie! Maybe I'll just clean my house or something, we'll have to see.
My mom is taking her to visit my Grandma Jeaniene in Gettysburg (about 180 miles). Grandma Jean is who Onna and I both got our middle names from, and is a pretty cool lady. She is going to be 73 years old in October, but still owns and operates a Realty business in Gettysburg. With her business, she has several rental properties that she does most of the maintenance and all of the yard work/snow removal!
Along with my mom, my sister Sara will be there (she actually left yesterday). My brother lives in Black Hawk, and he's planning to come back. My mom has two brothers. One brother lives in Gettysburg with his family, so obviously they will be there. The other one lives in Montana, and he is planning to come back. He hasn't been back to SD since May of 2006! I think he'll see that Onna has grown and changed since his last visit!
My grandma also has sisters who live in Huron. I think that my mom plans to pick up one of the sisters along with her husband on the way through. So the weekend turned out to be a mini-family reunion.
Unfortunately none of this was planned until last weekend, which gave me NO time to plan/schedule anything at work. I'm scheduled to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. I've also committed to help with the tractor pull on Sunday afternoon. SO I guess I'll be staying here. (I couldn't afford to miss three shifts, even IF I could find someone to work for me!)
Mom and Onna are going to leave around noon tomorrow. They are going to get home sometime on Sunday. Yeah, I'll probably have a nervous breakdown. I've never been away from Onna for that long. The longest has been 24 hours, and that's when she's right next door (while I'm working at the golf course).
The hours when I'm at work won't be so bad, but I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with myself on Saturday during the day. I've never had a whole day to myself without her! Plus I have NO money so I can't even go shopping, or to a movie! Maybe I'll just clean my house or something, we'll have to see.
I so understand. I haven't experienced it yet, but dread the day when she will be away from me and Mike. For example: Gramma Lefdal wants her for weekends after she turns one. Well I am not ready for that. And she doesn't understand that cause David is with them all the time for days. THat is not me and Mike. Anyways I totally understand the feeling you are about to experience I dread it too.
ReplyDeleteHave fun. Relax.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine that much time away...I'll be going through it in week though!! Try to enjoy some time, even though u gotta work!!
ReplyDeleteIt is a good thing to have alone time too. We all love our kids but we need time to breath!
ReplyDelete