Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Both stories that I have to share today have to do with daycare.

The first conversation happened the other morning as we were getting ready to leave.

Me: Onna, let's getting ready. We need to leave for daycare in about two minutes.
Onna: Me not want to go to daycare today!! (This is really unusual for her to say this!)
Me: Why not?
Onna: Because they not have a TV THERE!!

I thought that was VERY funny! It's not like she spends hours in front of the TV at home! She's right though they don't have a TV there, so I explained to her that they didn't have a TV because there were so many other fun things to do. Then after we talked about it, she decided it would be fun to go, and off we went.

The second story relates to the fact that last week was "Vegetable Week". They had many activities and songs that all dealt with vegetables. Well, one night Onna was supposed to be going to sleep. I was talking on the phone, so she knew she could get away with a little more than normal. This is what I heard...

Baa Baa Black sheep have you any wool
yes sir yes sir three bags full
one for the master
one for the ....mumble, mumble

Twinkle, Twinkle Light Star
What's your Favorite Begetable?

So of course I started laughing hysterically, and
Onna then said, "but Mom, Miss Heather say I can change the words!"

I tried really hard to control my laughing long enough to explain to her that YES, we can change the words to songs, BUT we have to change ALL of the words or the song sounds really funny!

Those are my favorites for this week! To find out what other tiny ones are saying, visit Mary at Not Before 7 for Tiny Talk Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I love the new words to Twinkle Twinkle. That was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cute. I love how she told you that she could change the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute.
    I love the things little ones say.
    I do this one my blog too.
    Come check mine out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete