The last two days have been really busy here. I feel like a broken record! I had a "mandatory" inservice to go to for school. All of the teacher's aides (paraprofessionals) had to go to it. It was on phonics, and understanding how children learn how to read. When I first got the information I thought it would be a waste of time (I'm in Jr/Sr high SPED). I was VERY surprised at how much I actually learned, OR rather REMEMBERED about how difficult it is to learn to read (even without a disability! It was a good refresher for us, and I'm glad they MADE us go! It was also a good trial run for Onna and I to do the daycare/morning routine for two days, and then have a couple days off (well, mornings off, I still have to work at the golf course).
This last weekend was really nice. I worked Saturday evening and Sunday morning, but in the meantime, I was able to squeaze in a visit with Mike. He came over to Howard to see me after work on Saturday night. I still think he's a nice guy, and he's such a gentleman. I actually didn't realize how BADLY I'd previously been treated, until now that I've spent time with someone who treats me nicely! (For example, he didn't push me off the couch when I reached for the remote control!) I know that sounds stupid, but that's the kind of stuff I was used to! So when I say he's nice, I mean he's actually nice, not just not mean. Does that make sense??? I'm still trying to get used to that idea. It's hard to understand why he likes me. I've never had that happen before. He seems to like me for me, not because of what he can GAIN from being with me. It's weird. It's exactly what I've asked for. It's seems too good to be true.
I work this weekend. I think it's Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday evening. I'm working at the Junius Tractor pull on Sunday afternoon though. My schedule is CRAZY busy now. Monday is our teacher inservice at the school and classes start on next Wednesday.
I'm going to have to take things one day at a time here for the next two months. If I even begin to look ahead, I about have a nervous breakdown! Working both jobs, will be challenging, but hopefully the paychecks will be nice. Maybe I'll be able to get a little bit of Christmas shopping done. (Yeah, right, nice thought though, right?!)
Oh, and one other thing, Leigh Ann does the Tiny Talk Tuesdays and it's SO CUTE! Make sure you check her's out. I had two things I wanted to post about Onna, but right now I can only remember one:
She has been potty trained since last October and only has an accident on a VERY RARE occasion. Well, the other day in Madison, she had one while in her car seat. She didn't say anything about it until I went to unbuckle her. When I reached down to unhook the strap between her legs, she said to me in a little monotone voice, "I peed, bummer."
It was so stinking funny I could hardly even keep a straight face. I couldn't be mad at her, because we weren't near a potty, although I wish she would have asked for one!
Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, I guess, I'll post more later.
I hope things work out for you and Mike (I think you said that was his name). You deserve happiness!
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Tami. I'm Lori B's sis-in-law, that's how I came by your site. I'm new to blogging and looking to make some new friends. I've enjoyed reading your posts and hope you don't mind if I "visit" more in the future. I have 2 little girls, 3 and 1 years old. I love to hear the antics of children my girls' ages. Aren't they the cutest? I would love to hear from you sometime. Stop on by for a "visit."
ReplyDelete