This was Onna's birthday cake. She wanted a blue truck like her Uncle Eric's. I talked her into the pink part.
This was part of Onna's birthday present. I repainted this set that was mine when I was little. The blue cupboard was originally my mom's.
Here is Onna with her pile of presents. My sisters and my parents came over for the "party". She ended up leaving daycare that day because she was sick. After a neb treatment she was feeling much better, so we did her birthday anyway.
One thing that I forgot to mention on my last post, was that I received some exciting mail last week. When I picked up my mail, along with my regular bills, there was a Christmas card with no return address. So of course that was the first thing I opened because I was curious about who it came from. The card was a pretty card with a nativity scene on it. The message that was written inside said, "We hope this helps with your Christmas blessings, some annonymous friends". Also inside was a gift certificate for our local grocery store for $180!!! That was very exciting for me, even though I don't know who it came from. Then two or three days later, the Pastor from our church called. He said he had something to drop off. When he got to my house he had two more gift certificates for $50 each to the grocery store too. So with all of those gift certificates that's two months worth of groceries for the two of us!! One nice thing about living in a small town is that everyone takes care of everyone else. This was such a blessing for Onna and I!
We just have a "normal" week ahead. Depending on how tonight goes, Onna may need to go back to the doctor tomorrow. Her cough was a lot worse this morning. I even called ER to see if I should bring her in. I think that she will probably end up on Prednisone again.
At school there are 32 people who have formed a weight loss challenge group. There are 4 teams (3 staff teams and one student team). We compete against each other to see which team can lose the highest percentage of weight. Last week was our first week to weigh in. The winning team lost 23 pounds! My team came in second with 17 pounds. I didn't contribute a lot. I lost 1.2 pounds, my goal is to lose on average 1 pound per week. If I do that, I will reach my goal by May 1st! The next two weeks will be very challenging. If we gain when we weigh in, we have to pay in $1. Hopefully it won't get too expensive! LOL
I better get going. Onna took a 3 1/2 hour nap today. She really needed her rest, because she is sick. It might be kind of hard to convince her that it's bedtime now though.
I'm not sure when I'll have time to post again. Maybe before Christmas, but if not, I wish you a very safe and happy time with your family.
The cake is awesome and I love that kitchen set...I might ahve to come play with her myself!! Glad to hear about the gift certificates...I know how much that helps!! Lvoe to both of you!! Barb
ReplyDelete