Monday, December 25, 2006

"There has been only one Christmas -- the rest are anniversaries." W. J. Cameron

Merry Christmas!

You know we've had a long holiday when Onna, at 2 years old, comes up to me and ASKS to take a nap!

That pretty much describes how the last few days have gone. We've spent time with family and friends, and ate WAY too much food.

Eric and his girlfriend, Deb came on Friday. Grandma Woodford came then too. Deb and Sara worked up a storm in the kitchen, in addition to the many things that my Mom made! We had so much good stuff, so much for the diet! Lisa and Mike came on Saturday. My mom's brother Delton and his family came today. Eric and Deb had to take off last night after Church, so they didn't get to see Delton. Maybe next time.

Onna and I both got spoiled again this year. Mom always goes way overboard on presents. She said that she scaled back this year, but I don't see how. Onna got a tonka truck, a baby leap pad, pajamas. I gave her a bunch of books and a GRACO baby set, with a car seat, stroller, swing and high chair. From Santa she got a vacuum that really works (it even has a dust bag that needs to be emptied), a truck filled with MegaBlocks, a set of baby twins, bottles and diapers for her babies, and the movie Little Mermaid. I got two 1 Gb flash drives, material for a new shower curtain, a set of beatiful handmade greeting cards, and a Kodak digital camera with printer. The printer was actually part of my birthday present but it came as a set so I got it now instead.

Onna's done well, for her age, with her new glasses. She wears them about 15-20 minutes at a time, 3 or 4 times a day. She acts like she really notices a difference with them. She does best with them when she is busy and she forgets that they are on.

My mom is making lutefisk tonight. I hate it and it smells SO bad! That's okay though, we have plenty of left-overs to eat.

Hopefully you enjoyed your Christmas too. In the blink of an eye it will be 2007!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Kari!! Im glad yours was good too! Ours was great as well we all got way over done!! Will have to talk about it on the phone its like a book I tell ya!! Love to u both!!

    ReplyDelete