Thursday, June 25, 2009

Omaha Zoo Trip

Jessica (John's niece), Onna, Me, and Briget (John's other niece) in the Lied Jungle We went on a ride the "Skifari" we were up above the giraffes!

Onna LOVED the goats at the petting zoo.
Onna actually took a picture with ME!



We had SO MUCH FUN this weekend. I can't wait until our next trip (we don't have one planned yet). John said it would be a long time before he does something like this again. I give him a lot of credit though. This took him completely out of his comfort zone, and into a world of strollers, screaming kids, walking for miles, animal crackers, sticky fingers, sunblock, all things that he would never usually be exposed to during his "normal" day. He did AMAZING! He didn't always have a smile on his face, but he did not lose his patience with us, and that counts for a lot.
~

Onna also did pretty amazing. She was a good traveler, a late night swimmer, an even later night eater, a not-so pleasant early-morning riser. She walked/strolled through most of the zoo, only falling asleep for a brief moment. She only had two/three moments where we didn't get along, both were related to lack of sleep but mostly hunger.
~

We got home late last night. John is working today. I'm guessing he's glad to be back to his regular routine. Onna slept until 12:15 today. We are still in our jammies. I LOVE SUMMER VACATION.

1 comment: