Friday, July 3, 2009

No street dance...

The firemen in Howard put on a street dance every summer. They use the dance as one of their major fundraisers. Tonight was supposed to be the night of this annual event. Unfortunately mother nature had other ideas.

It has been raining ALL DAY. The forecast was for continued rain into the evening and most of the night. That meant that they either had to find an alternate location (indoors) or cancel the dance. They weighed their options and decided that they would be better off cancelling the dance.

Last year, they barely broke even, and they figured that moving it indoors would severely hurt their numbers. They talked to the band, and they said that they'd let them out of their contract. That means that they were only out advertising expenses. I'd say they made a good decision.

Tomorrow is their "Fun Day" in the park. They have a meal and games for the kids. It's a free-will donation. I hope the weather is decent and they get a good turnout.

They were also going to do fireworks tonight, but that got postponed until tomorrow night. I have to work tomorrow night, so that is a bummer.

I was planning to take Onna up to the dance with me, at least until the fireworks were done. I knew John would have to work the gate during one of the later shifts. He's really tired tonight, and not feeling very well. He said he feels like he's getting a head cold. I guess for his sake it's good that there is no dance. He came over to my parents' house for supper, and now he went home to go to bed early. Too bad. Now Onna is watch Beethoven, and I'm on the computer.

I guess we must have need a relaxing night at home. I was hoping for a night out, but I guess that will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment