UPDATE: I reapplied for assistance last week. I included the increase in rates, my child support (lack of) payment history, etc. I also wrote a letter and told her that I was very frustrated by her decision. I explained my situation and the affect that HER decision has on my life. I mailed it Thursday and heard back from the lady on Friday afternoon. She said that I was approved for assistance. She said she could only get me $20 a month. (That still gets me out of the contract, so that's great for me!)
So I finally heard back from the Department of Social Services today. I was DENIED daycare assistance. Apparently my co-pay amount is greater ($118) than the amount of daycare needed ($117). I should re-file, because the daycare cost is going up by 25 cents an hour, and I'm pretty sure she used the OLD amount. It's not that I get any actual money from the state, but it gets me out of the daycare's contract. That ends up saving me a wad of money over the year.
What a wicked system. I had issues with my boss over the weekend, because he shorted me on hours for July. He fixed it now, but I had to get REALLY mad at him first. You don't even know how tempting it is to quit my jobs, stay home, and live off of the government. If I could do that and feel good about myself, I would. In December, Onna will age out of WIC, so the only "assistance" she will be on is Medicaid. I feel like I'm doing very well for my limited income.
Message from Onna: jkcvj/ak;k;fsdlkfkkkkkppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppphfil;dlkgpjuogpouop dv]o[6ONNAonna
On top of everything else, there were two "crazy ladies" that came into the golf course last night. I knew that John mowed for one of them. At first they acted liked they didn't even know me. Then all of a sudden they, knew where I lived, who my parents were, and that I dated John. They knew A LOT about John, and started asking me a lot of questions about him and us. It was weird. They were getting kind of mad because I wasn't giving them straight up answers (answering questions with questions). It really wasn't any of their business, right? So after work, I stopped over and talked to John about it. Apparently he DATED one of the ladies, 3 or 4 years ago for a couple months. Seriously the ladies are crazy! He hadn't told me about it, because 1) he didn't date her very long 2) he never slept with her 3) we don't see her very often 4) it's not a big deal to me to know EVERY girl he ever dated. (He doesn't know every guy I ever dated either.)
So, it was very nice talking to him. He'd been gone this weekend. It was reassuring to know that he really does care about me, and that our relationship is a "real" relationship. It's not the type that both of us had before, the weekend relationships, or the at the bar type relationships. This is a day in, day out relationship. He's really is one of my best friends, and I REALLY missed him while he was gone!
We're going to OMAHA this weekend to the ZOO! I can't wait. Until then, it's work, work, and maybe some time at the pool. We'll see.
Oh yeah, Onna and I had dentist appointments today. She had NO CAVITIES. I had one that's been there for 3 years, with no change, so they aren't going to do anything with it. GOOD report for both of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment