Four years ago (September 27,2003), I got married to Onna's dad. It was a very emotional day for my family and me. My family was very torn. They were VERY opposed to the marriage. Actually my parents had refused to participate in the planning of the wedding, and said that they were not coming to the ceremony. They did end up coming, but they were there only because it meant so much to me.
I was also torn. I was getting married. I so wanted to be happy. This was supposed to be the happiest day in my life, but it was such a sad day for me too. My parents were unhappy with me, and because of that I was unsure of my decision. I also knew about his past, and was SO hoping that the promises that he'd made to me were once that he would/could keep.
Don't get me wrong. I do NOT regret getting divorced. That was the best thing that I ever did for Onna and myself. It's just that every time that September 27th comes around I think about the day that I got married.... and the reason I picked the 27th. I did that so that it would be easy for him to remember. My birthday is December 27th. Jake's birthday is April 27th, and our Anniversary would have been September 27th. See that would have been easy, right??
I also do not regret getting married. Even though things did not turn out the way that I'd hoped at the time. I got Onna out of the relationship. I guess when I think about it, what comes to mind is the line from Garth Brookes, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers".
I also wanted to share some pictures. I worked very hard at making it a beautiful day (on a very tight budget). It was a very chilly day, and very windy, but we still managed to get a few nice pictures.
Laura was my personal attendant. Barb and Julia were there too. Barb was pregnant with Janaya.




Im glad you posted it! You did have a nice wedding and got some good pictures! I laughed when I saw myself! Crazy how time has gone by so fast!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures...
ReplyDeleteBarb~
ReplyDeleteI think it's crazy how little Julia and Jake look! Thanks for being a great friend and sticking through all of this with me!
YOu were a beautiful bride.
ReplyDeleteThat was neat to see the pics.