Onna's newest phrase is "Two 'cuz I'm two!"
When I ask her, "Do you want to read a book?" She replies, "Two 'cuz I'm two!"
When I hand her a spoon she says, "MOM, two 'cuz I'm two!"
It doesn't seem to matter what we are talking about, she wants TWO because she's TWO!!
Another funny story is from after nap time this weekend. Usually when she sleeps at home she wears a Pull-up. That day she didn't have one on, and when she woke up she was wet. She'd been lying on her back, so she didn't recognize the wet feeling there I guess. I asked how she'd slept and she said, "I'm all 'weaty (sweaty)!" It took a little convincing to get her to change her out of her sweaty clothes into something dry, because that's not part of our normal routine after nap!
Onna has a Barney video that has an elephant on it that she thinks is "gary" (scary). I usually just "kip" (skip) that part. One day, I sat down and watched it with her. At the end of the song the elephant opens up, and two kids come out of the costume. So I explained to her that it was a costume just like we wear for Halloween. Then I reminded her that she was Tigger last year. She told me that this year she wants to be an elephant. Later that same evening, we were at my parents' house. There was a Santa hat in the toy box. Onna put it on, and said to me "I want to be Tanta for Hawoween!" So now that's what she has in her head. She wants to be Santa. I'm not sure if you can find a 3T Santa Halloween costume. If not I might have to get my sewing machine out. It might be cute. There probably won't be many other Santa's running around that night.
The most exciting news of our week is that last night Onna learned how to PEDAL her tricycle! I haven't taken any pictures yet. She still has trouble trying to steer it and pedal at the same time. She said, "it was to 'teer!"
***To find out what other tiny ones are saying, visit Mary at Not Before 7 for Tiny Talk Tuesday.***
On another note, Onna's had her glasses since the beginning of last year. Last night when I was getting her pajamas on, I noticed that the left nose pad was missing. My sister was going to Madison this afternoon anyway, so she decided to take Onna along and get it fixed. Well, the lady struggled to get the new nose pad in, and in the process broke the metal piece on the frame. So, they are ordering new frames in and hopefully they will be here by the end of the week. This is the first time she's ever had to be without them.
Sara called me from the eye clinic though, and we did do one thing different on the new frames though. Last time I had to special order the part of the bow that curls around her ears (at an additional cost of course). Well, she does such a good job leaving them on, and when she does try to take them off, she has to pull so hard, I'd already decided not to reorder the cable lobes. So we will try it this way and see how she does. She's due for her annual check up at the end of November, so that will be a good time to see how she's doing with them.
I think that she's feeling better now. Hopefully we are through the UTI/medication reaction now. She has been really tired lately, and my mom and I were just talking about her increased appetite. We think she's getting ready to grow again! I've been gradually putting her size 2T stuff, and I think I've got most of it out of her drawers now. It's crazy to think that she'll be 3 in just a few short months!
How cute to be Santa! Last year, my son was macarroni & cheese... because he ate so much that he turned into it!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! She is stuck on the two cause I'm two.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see Onna as SANTA! TOO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteI think Santa for Halloween is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI love how you have written the words the way she says them throughhout the writing - so cute!
If she wants two of everything now, then 10 years old is going to be interesting :)
Honestly I think that she would be the first Santa I have ever seen on Holloween. I am sure she will be the cutest first santa to.
ReplyDelete