I don't have a lot to blog about today. Onna and I had a relaxing day at home after a very busy weekend.
I worked Saturday from 4p-11p and then Sunday from 7a-4p, so Onna stayed over night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was hard on Mom to be without her all night (even though I was only off of work for 8 hours. Saturday night wasn't very busy, but Sunday was. We serve a Sunday breakfast buffet from 8-noon. There were over 50 people who ate, and that was a little less than our average. Then at about 12:30 the golfers started showing up. We had a lot of people from out of town this weekend. It was crazy busy! That makes it really fun though, and I get to meet people from all over. I'm not even sure how many golfers we ended up having, but I know that we were busy.
When I got to my parents' house to pick up Onna, she was still napping. She'd had a busy day playing with "Papa". I guess she was his little shadow, and even helped him in the garden.
This morning we got up and lounged around for awhile. I started in on the laundry, and gave Onna her bath. Zoie also got a long overdue bath. I laid down when Onna went to sleep at naptime. My intention was to only rest "for a couple minutes" but I woke up over an hour later. Obviously I needed the rest, right? When I got up, I finished sewing my curtain for my bathroom window. Then Onna woke up too.
Grandma and Papa came over and Onna wanted to play outside with Papa again. Then Grandma made some hotdogs on the grill for supper.
That pretty much sums up our holiday weekend. It was kind of boring, but sometimes boring is good. I didn't get my dusting done yet, and I still need to finish putting my laundry away. Maybe I'll still get that done tonight (at least the laundry anyway). The rest will have to wait until Wednesday because I work during the day tomorrow.
Glad you had a good relaxing weekend! It was good to visit with you this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's just nice to slow the pace down a bit. All we did was go to Barnes & Noble and look at books for 1 1/2 hours before deciding we really didn't need any thing. We had fun anyway. :-)
ReplyDelete