Well, with determination and one step at a time, it's finally looking like I might make it through this whole graduation thing after all! I was SO stressed yesterday. I hadn't gotten anything for the graduates whose parties I was invited to, and since I work at the school, there were quite a few of them. I also am making all of the cakes for my sister's party, which is tomorrow. She wants Red Velvet cake, which is fine, but the frosting for that isn't exactly meant for decorating! So it's been a big experiment! As of last night, I had the base layer of frosting on, and they are all in the freezer. That's a good step to have finished. Now I just need to "make them pretty". Hopefully that goes well. I guess the main thing is that one or two turns out decent so that she can get a picture. Other than that, the rest of it gets cut up, and no one will even see it, right? As long as it tastes all right that's the main thing! And of course I know that that won't be a problem! :)
This afternoon is the ceremony at the school at 2:00. I'm a little nervous about that because Onna will need to be there. With it being at 2:00, it falls right in the middle of her normal nap time. I got her up at her normal time today, but I'm hoping that she'll fall asleep a little early. I'd like to have her napped and happy BEFORE we go. Then we have a few receptions to go to yet this afternoon.
After that, it's just decorating cakes and spending time with our company. Tomorrow is Sara's party. I think it starts at 12:30, but I'm not really sure about the time.
Monday is a "regular" school day as far as hours go (8-3:30). There won't be kids there though. It's just in service in the morning and then clean-up and getting lesson plans ready for next fall. Then Tuesday I work 8-4 at the Golf Course. Wednesday I do my Ladies night shift at the golf course 4-10ish. Then Friday I do 8-4 again at the Course. Saturday I think I work the evening shift 4-10ish again. So it should be a good week. Busy, but not overwhelming. That's good. If' I'm looking at my calendar right, I think I might even have a day off on Thursday! BUT, I better double check that, because I haven't had one of those in a very long time!!!
Well, the next couple days will be very busy with family and stuff, so I probably won't be checking in. I did want to say thanks for all of your support and prayers. In means a lot to me to know that you are thinking about me and praying for me. Sometimes it feels like no one notices or cares what I do. Your comments really do mean a lot to me, so THANK YOU!
Kari, I am so glad your cake business has been so good to you! I know it keeps you busy but that can be good too!! Once you are done with school thing's will get better! I am not sure if we will make it over or not yet!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are very busy.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your cake baking business is going well.
Just think school is almost out.
You are still in my thoughts and prayers.
I have a new blog address
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisblogspace.blogspot.com
Feel free to update your blog with my new address.
Kari, I have a new blog address too:
ReplyDeletehttp://anothermomonthego.
blogspot.com